Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Beginner question about "inheritance"

Beginner question about "inheritance"

mike

Hi,

In a ModifiedCleartool.pm file we have the following:

use base 'IPC::ClearTool';

If I use the module ( ModifiedCleartool.pm) by setting path to it in
my perl script.

use lib qw(/path/to/the/module);

Can I use the ClearTool functions provided.

br,

//mike

Xho Jingleheimerschmidt

mike wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In a ModifiedCleartool.pm file we have the following:
>
> use base 'IPC::ClearTool';

I'm not familiar with that module in specific.

> If I use the module ( ModifiedCleartool.pm) by setting path to it in
> my perl script.
>
> use lib qw(/path/to/the/module);

That does not use the module. That just allows perl to find it when and
if you eventually do use it.

use ModifiedCleartool;

> Can I use the ClearTool functions provided.

If you do it right you should be able to. I don't know how much
IPC::ClearTool supports inheritance, but at least some of it should work.

Xho