Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > newbie - IIS needed?

newbie - IIS needed?

Mark Oliver

Hi,

Do i have to install IIS to develop (but not host) an asp.net application?
i don't want to install IIS because of the security problems it causes, and
so far i haven't been able to install IIS because it asks for infocomm.dll
from XP service pack 1 - and the only place i have seen infocomm.dll is at
KB q192296 from 1998.

Thanks,
Mark

John M Deal

Take a look at www.asp.net with the WebMatrix project. WebMatrix comes
with an alternate personal web server capable of serving up ASP.Net and
web services. Hope that helps.

Have A Better One!

John M Deal, MCP
Necessity Software

Mark Oliver wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do i have to install IIS to develop (but not host) an asp.net application?
> i don't want to install IIS because of the security problems it causes, and
> so far i haven't been able to install IIS because it asks for infocomm.dll
> from XP service pack 1 - and the only place i have seen infocomm.dll is at
> KB q192296 from 1998.
>

> Thanks,
> Mark

=?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljay5PLklnZQ==?=

U can use ASP.NET WebMAtrix.
Download it from http://www.asp.net
GDLUCK

"Mark Oliver" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do i have to install IIS to develop (but not host) an asp.net application?
> i don't want to install IIS because of the security problems it causes, and
> so far i haven't been able to install IIS because it asks for infocomm.dll
> from XP service pack 1 - and the only place i have seen infocomm.dll is at
> KB q192296 from 1998.
>

> Thanks,
> Mark

Mark Oliver

Hi,

i finally got IIS to install by expand ing a couple of files on the WinXP
SP1a DVD. i still can't make a asp.net job in VS7, now i get a message
that my server doesn't support asp.net 1.1. WebMatrix worked great on the
Web Matrix Server! On IIS only the label from myFirstPage showed up. How
do i get IIS to support asp.net 1.1? Should i reinstall the 1.1 Framework
update?

Thanks,
Mark
"Mark Oliver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Do i have to install IIS to develop (but not host) an asp.net

application?
> i don't want to install IIS because of the security problems it causes,

and
> so far i haven't been able to install IIS because it asks for infocomm.dll
> from XP service pack 1 - and the only place i have seen infocomm.dll is at
> KB q192296 from 1998.
>

> Thanks,
> Mark

Kevin Spencer

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspne t_regiis.exe -i

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"Mark Oliver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> i finally got IIS to install by expand ing a couple of files on the

WinXP
> SP1a DVD. i still can't make a asp.net job in VS7, now i get a message
> that my server doesn't support asp.net 1.1. WebMatrix worked great on

the
> Web Matrix Server! On IIS only the label from myFirstPage showed up.

How
> do i get IIS to support asp.net 1.1? Should i reinstall the 1.1

Framework
> update?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark
> "Mark Oliver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Do i have to install IIS to develop (but not host) an asp.net

> application?
> > i don't want to install IIS because of the security problems it causes,

> and
> > so far i haven't been able to install IIS because it asks for

infocomm.dll
> > from XP service pack 1 - and the only place i have seen infocomm.dll is

at
> > KB q192296 from 1998.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Mark

Mark Oliver

Now i can develop in VS7 or ASP.NET WebMatrix. Thanks!
Mark

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspne t_regiis.exe -i
>
> --
> HTH,
> Kevin Spencer
> .Net Developer
> Microsoft MVP
> Neither a follower
> nor a lender be.
>
> "Mark Oliver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > i finally got IIS to install by expand ing a couple of files on the

> WinXP
> > SP1a DVD. i still can't make a asp.net job in VS7, now i get a message
> > that my server doesn't support asp.net 1.1. WebMatrix worked great on

> the
> > Web Matrix Server! On IIS only the label from myFirstPage showed up.

> How
> > do i get IIS to support asp.net 1.1? Should i reinstall the 1.1

> Framework
> > update?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark
> > "Mark Oliver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Do i have to install IIS to develop (but not host) an asp.net

> > application?
> > > i don't want to install IIS because of the security problems it

causes,
> > and
> > > so far i haven't been able to install IIS because it asks for

> infocomm.dll
> > > from XP service pack 1 - and the only place i have seen infocomm.dll

is
> at
> > > KB q192296 from 1998.
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > > Mark

IIS 6 vs IIS 5 ASP.NET Performance Issues JMaelstrom ASP .Net 2 04-30-2010 04:32 PM
IIS 6.0 win2003, IIS users moe_rodrigue MCSE 1 04-01-2004 07:37 AM
IIS 6.0 vs IIS 5.1 Hai Nguyen ASP .Net 1 03-02-2004 06:22 AM
ASP.NET application works in IIS PWS, but not in remote IIS. Matthew Louden ASP .Net 3 11-07-2003 09:58 PM
.NET IIS to IIS credentials problem... Grind Boy ASP .Net 4 08-14-2003 12:59 PM

Advertisments