Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Free Solaris 10 root account and training

Reply
Thread Tools

Free Solaris 10 root account and training

 
 
Kartik_Vashishta
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-26-2009
Comfort and Peace, I wish you.


You have root access on a Solaris 10 system. About breaking something,
do not worry.

username: root

password:

(just hit "enter")


To you, I decided to provide root access. Root access, will, help you
to learn.


This is a non-global zone, so, certain features may be not present.


You may, on this system,install packages(install web servers etc), you
may, install patches(learn how to patch a Solaris system), you may
install software, etc..... http://sunfreeware.com offers many free
packages....do not hesitate to install any you like.... http://sunsolve.sun.com
offers free Sun patches, try installing some. If you have any problem,
then, to contact me, do not hesitate.

Try to keep connection on, sometimes the connection may, "time
out"....I'm working on fixing it.... Play around with the
system..learn, enjoy..

What I may do to help, let me know. How to connect to the system: You
may, on the dos prompt, type: telnet 98.215.91.249 2033 (the spaces
between, the word, "telnet", and, "98.215.91.249", and, "2033" are
important)

or

Download and install putty, putty is, among other things, "a telnet
client". In putty, you may "store" your session connection stuff....
encure "telnet" is checked, replace the 23 by 2033, put in the IP
address...give it a name...save click "open", "load" is different from
"open"....ENSURE that the correct data is in your saved session:
98.215.91.249 and 2033

So, you have a free account, you even have root access, what next? Get
a look and feel of the sotware, familiarize yourself. Try some of the
exercises mentioned. http://www.kartik.com/FreeUNIXTraining.html Try
installing software. Try installing patches. For instance, you may
install apache and serve web pages....let me know if you need help....

Thanks to my girlfriend, for, helping me provide this.


Kartik Vashishta
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Kartik_Vashishta
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-05-2009
On Mar 26, 9:47*am, Kartik_Vashishta <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Comfort and Peace, I wish you.
>
> You have root access on a Solaris 10 system. About breaking something,
> do not worry.
>
> username: root
>
> password:
>
> (just hit "enter")
>
> To you, I decided to provide root access. Root access, will, help you
> to learn.
>
> This is a non-global zone, so, certain features may be not present.
>
> You may, on this system,install packages(install web servers etc), you
> may, install patches(learn how to patch a Solaris system), you may
> install software, etc.....http://sunfreeware.comoffers many free
> packages....do not hesitate to install any you like....http://sunsolve.sun.com
> offers free Sun patches, try installing some. If you have any problem,
> then, to contact me, do not hesitate.
>
> Try to keep connection on, sometimes the connection may, "time
> out"....I'm working on fixing it.... Play around with the
> system..learn, enjoy..
>
> What I may do to help, let me know. How to connect to the system: You
> may, on the dos prompt, type: telnet 98.215.91.249 2033 (the spaces
> between, the word, "telnet", and, "98.215.91.249", and, "2033" are
> important)
>
> or
>
> Download and install putty, putty is, among other things, "a telnet
> client". In putty, you may "store" your session connection stuff....
> encure "telnet" is checked, replace the 23 by 2033, put in the IP
> address...give it a name...save click "open", "load" is different from
> "open"....ENSURE that the correct data is in your saved session:
> 98.215.91.249 and 2033
>
> So, you have a free account, you even have root access, what next? Get
> a look and feel of the sotware, familiarize yourself. Try some of the
> exercises mentioned.http://www.kartik.com/FreeUNIXTraining.htmlTry
> installing software. Try installing patches. For instance, you may
> install apache and serve web pages....let me know if you need help....
>
> Thanks to my girlfriend, for, helping me provide this.
>
> Kartik Vashishta


new IP/host to connect to:
trainingzone.getmyip.com at port 2033 so, the command is:
telnet trainingzone.getmyip.com 2033
If there are issues, please, contact me.

Kartik Vashishta
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Available: A free root account on Slaris10 Kartik_Vashishta HTML 6 04-21-2009 10:13 PM
Computing needs, here's free root account on Solaris10 Kartik_Vashishta VHDL 0 04-20-2009 04:59 PM
UPDATE ON FREE UNIX ROOT ACCOUNT ON SOLARIS 10 SPARC solquestions@lycos.com C Programming 9 04-18-2009 10:56 AM
64 bit UNIX like operating systems - a free root account kartik.solaris@gmail.com Windows 64bit 1 04-17-2009 11:45 AM
UPDATE ON FREE UNIX ROOT ACCOUNT ON SOLARIS 10 SPARC solquestions@lycos.com Cisco 1 04-15-2009 11:53 AM



Advertisments