Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Perl 5.10 and DBD::mysql

Perl 5.10 and DBD::mysql

ccc31807

I've been using DBD::mysql ever since Perl 5.0 and never had a problem

I'm now using Perl 5.10 on a brand new Windows Vista machine and for
the life of me cannot get DBD::mysql either through ppm or cpan. I got
mysqlPP but that doesn't do some of the things I need to do.

Any suggestions? Thanks, CC.

Ted Byers

On Mar 20, 11:10*am, ccc31807 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've been using DBD::mysql ever since Perl 5.0 and never had a problem
>
> I'm now using Perl 5.10 on a brand new Windows Vista machine and for
> the life of me cannot get DBD::mysql either through ppm or cpan. I got
> mysqlPP but that doesn't do some of the things I need to do.
>
> Any suggestions? Thanks, CC.

Did you add the university of Winnipeg repository (in PPM, select edit/
preferences)? If not, do so and then you'll find DBD::mysql.

As there are some differences between repositories, you might as well
add all of the repositories that Activestate provides in the dropdown
list they provide to make such additions easy.

Cheers,

Ted

ccc31807

On Mar 20, 12:21*pm, Ted Byers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Did you add the university of Winnipeg repository (in PPM, select edit/
> preferences)? *If not, do so and then you'll find DBD::mysql.

If I were a cussing man, I'd cuss. I have an iteration of a project
due tonight on this new machine, and dad-blast-it, they don't make it
easy, do they? Thanks for your help, and it was easy, but only if you
knew how to begin with. As it is, I wasted the better part of Thursday
and Friday trying to get this to work, and it should have worked out
of the box.

> As there are some differences between repositories, you might as well
> add all of the repositories that Activestate provides in the dropdown
> list they provide to make such additions easy.

Good advice, and I'll do it.

> Cheers,

Cheers to you. If I knew you, I'd buy you a bottle of your favorite
beverage, and feel that I got much the better end of the bargain.
Thanks, CC.

Ted Byers

On Mar 20, 12:46*pm, ccc31807 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Cheers to you. If I knew you, I'd buy you a bottle of your favorite
> beverage, and feel that I got much the better end of the bargain.
> Thanks, CC.

I don't drink anything but coffee, but how about, in lieu of a drink
for me, you send a small donation to your nearest food bank to help
someone who has suffered because of these interesting economic times.

I'm just glad I could help.

Cheers

Ted

ccc31807

On Mar 20, 12:53*pm, Ted Byers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I don't drink anything but coffee, but how about, in *lieu of a drink
> for me, you send a small donation to your nearest food bank to help
> someone who has suffered because of these interesting economic times.

I'll do that.

> I'm just glad I could help.

So am I.

CC