Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that utilizes the Yahoo Web ServicesAPI

Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that utilizes the Yahoo Web ServicesAPI

seef gordon

1. Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that utilizes the Yahoo Web Services API's so
that you can offer a Yahoo Search via your own perl webpage. So, you'll
have to utilize the cpan/ppm tools to install the SOAP::Lite perl module,
then, you'll need to create a web form and a perl script that will utilize
the web services provided by Yahoo.

seef gordon

Sorry I did not say this before I am doing this project and need a little
assistance with what exactly to do thanks in advance for any help

On 2/26/09 10:19 PM, in article C5CCC5F7.2BF%(E-Mail Removed), "seef
gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> 1. Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that utilizes the Yahoo Web Services API's so
> that you can offer a Yahoo Search via your own perl webpage. So, you'll
> have to utilize the cpan/ppm tools to install the SOAP::Lite perl module,
> then, you'll need to create a web form and a perl script that will utilize
> the web services provided by Yahoo.

Tim Greer

seef gordon wrote:

> 1. Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that utilizes the Yahoo Web Services
> API's so
> that you can offer a Yahoo Search via your own perl webpage. So,
> you'll have to utilize the cpan/ppm tools to install the SOAP::Lite
> perl module, then, you'll need to create a web form and a perl script
> that will utilize the web services provided by Yahoo.

What issues are you having doing this? Are you getting errors or
inconsistent results, or unexpected results? Is there a portion of
code you're having trouble with? Your posy sounded more like an
outline or statement, or job description, rather than a question and
asking for help with something specific. Please elaborate.

seef gordon

Okay I have this project to do for my perl class as extra credit but I
really don't know where exactly to start so I have just been gooing parts of
the task and seeing what I can come up with so am looking for some guidance
as to where to start or perhaps what exactly I would need to get this taks
done thanks in advance

On 2/26/09 11:00 PM, in article 9zJpl.73661$(E-Mail Removed), "Tim
Greer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> seef gordon wrote:
>

>> 1. Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that utilizes the Yahoo Web Services
>> API's so
>> that you can offer a Yahoo Search via your own perl webpage. So,
>> you'll have to utilize the cpan/ppm tools to install the SOAP::Lite
>> perl module, then, you'll need to create a web form and a perl script
>> that will utilize the web services provided by Yahoo.

> What issues are you having doing this? Are you getting errors or
> inconsistent results, or unexpected results? Is there a portion of
> code you're having trouble with? Your posy sounded more like an
> outline or statement, or job description, rather than a question and
> asking for help with something specific. Please elaborate.

Charlton Wilbur

sg> Okay I have this project to do for my perl class as extra credit
sg> but I really don't know where exactly to start so I have just
sg> been gooing parts of the task and seeing what I can come up with
sg> so am looking for some guidance as to where to start or perhaps
sg> what exactly I would need to get this taks done thanks in
sg> advance

The problem suggests starting with SOAP::Lite. That's probably a good
place to start. It also tells you to use the Yahoo Web Services APIs --
what do you know about them? Maybe it's time to do some research.

This is extra credit for you -- this means *you* have to do the work.
If you've tried something and gotten stuck, ask a specific question.
But posting vague claims that you've "just been gooing [sic] parts of
the task" and trying to get people to offer suggestions will get you
nowhere.

Charlton

--
Charlton Wilbur

Tim Greer

seef gordon wrote:

> Okay I have this project to do for my perl class as extra credit but I
> really don't know where exactly to start so I have just been gooing
> parts of the task and seeing what I can come up with so am looking for
> some guidance as to where to start or perhaps what┬*┬*exactly┬*I┬*would
> need┬*to┬*get┬*this┬*taks done thanks in advance

What code do you have now? Where are you stuck? What is it doing or
not doing? Is it erroring? Is it giving unexpected results?
Inconsistent results? I'm not sure what to suggest or what to research,
since you've been given that information for the project already, so
you'll probably only be able to get help when you have something.
Otherwise someone would have to spend the time to create it for you,
and that wouldn't serve its purpose for you or the instructor. Please
post when you have something, because as it stands now, there's really
nothing to answer about to offer any help. It sounds like you know
what the assignment needs, so check out the module and service the
instructor mentioned, as it should likely be using those things to be a
valid credited assignment.

RedGrittyBrick

seef gordon wrote:

{Top-posting corrected}
Please don't top-post, please put replies below the part of the original
to which they refer and trim extranous material

> On 2/26/09 10:19 PM, in article C5CCC5F7.2BF%(E-Mail Removed), "seef
> gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> 1. Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that utilizes the Yahoo Web Services API's so
>> that you can offer a Yahoo Search via your own perl webpage. So, you'll
>> have to utilize the cpan/ppm tools to install the SOAP::Lite perl module,
>> then, you'll need to create a web form and a perl script that will utilize
>> the web services provided by Yahoo.
>>

> Sorry I did not say this before I am doing this project and need a little
> assistance with what exactly to do thanks in advance for any help

1. utilize the cpan/ppm tools to install the SOAP::Lite perl module.

2. create a web form.

3. create a perl script.

Which part are you having problems with?

--
RGB

JŘrgen Exner

[Top-posting corrected, please don't do that]
seef gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> seef gordon wrote:
>>> 1. Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that [...]

>Okay I have this project to do for my perl class as extra credit but I

Good that you came clean, that's a very important first step.

>really don't know where exactly to start

First step would be to ask your teacher for some advice. That's what
teachers are being paid for.

jue

seef gordon

Okay ben , please understand that am not asking for any one to spoon feed me
the answer my teacher just send me that project to do , and I have no real
idea where to start , I don't want the answer , I just want some who knows
perl to brake it down to me that all thanks for your response

On 2/27/09 3:59 AM, in article (E-Mail Removed), "Ben
Morrow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Quoth seef gordon <(E-Mail Removed)>:
>> Okay I have this project to do for my perl class as extra credit

> Do your own homework. You're unlikely to receive much useful help here
> given that you've told us you're cheating.
>
> Ben

Charlton Wilbur

sg> Okay ben , please understand that am not asking for any one to
sg> spoon feed me the answer my teacher just send me that project to
sg> do , and I have no real idea where to start , I don't want the
sg> answer , I just want some who knows perl to brake it down to me
sg> that all thanks for your response

Except that you *are* asking us to spoon-feed you the answer.

No fewer than five people have asked you what you are *specifically*
having trouble with.

No fewer than three people have told you that the question itself TELLS
you where to start.

If you carry on like this, you're probably not going to get any extra
credit -- and, to be honest, if this is the way you approached all the
assignments, you're probably failing and desperately need it.

Oh well. There will always be low-paid jobs in service industries, and
when you get motivated enough to do your own homework, you can return to
school then.

Charlton

--
Charlton Wilbur