Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Getting a temporary file name.

Getting a temporary file name.

Ryan McCoskrie

I'm working on a two pass assembler cross assembler
in perl and I need a temporary file name to hold data
from the first pass.
Is there something like mkstemp(3) or tmpfile(3) that
I can use in perl?
--
Before you ask more questions, think about whether you really want to
know the answers.

Tad J McClellan

Ryan McCoskrie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm working on a two pass assembler cross assembler
> in perl and I need a temporary file name to hold data
> from the first pass.
> Is there something like mkstemp(3) or tmpfile(3) that
> I can use in perl?

perldoc -q temporary

How do I make a temporary file name?

--