Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox and online banking

Firefox and online banking

Hilary A Croughton

I am considering switching to Firefox but really heavily on being able
to access all my bank accounts online.

Does anyone have any experience of using Firefox for online banking,
specifically NatWest in the UK?

Hilary

Leonidas Jones

Hilary A Croughton wrote:

> I am considering switching to Firefox but really heavily on being able
> to access all my bank accounts online.
>
> Does anyone have any experience of using Firefox for online banking,
> specifically NatWest in the UK?
>

> Hilary

Unfortunatey, it all depends on the site. My online baking works
perfectly in Mozilla and Firefox. Others find theirs only work in IE.
Some can get in wiith UA spoofing, others can't.

Its always a difficult one to troubleshoot, since, unless you have an
account, there is no way to tell. Unless someone else stops by with
experience with their site, my best advice is install Firefox and give
it a try.

Lee

.BRIAN.

Hilary A Croughton wrote:

> I am considering switching to Firefox but really heavily on being able
> to access all my bank accounts online.
>
> Does anyone have any experience of using Firefox for online banking,
> specifically NatWest in the UK?

I do online banking all the time without trouble. If you already have
an account, then I don't think you have anything to loose by downloading
FireFox and trying it out with your bank.

--
Brian

Email Info -
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

mike555

Hilary A Croughton <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> I am considering switching to Firefox but really heavily on being able
> to access all my bank accounts online.
>
> Does anyone have any experience of using Firefox for online banking,
> specifically NatWest in the UK?
>

> Hilary

====== I use Firefox ,with no trouble (in USA) , you might want to get
the little extension " SpoofStick " , it will show you the real name
of the site your on
to help prevent spoofing ...http://www.corestreet.com/spoofstick/
========

Bryan Harrison

> Does anyone have any experience of using Firefox for online banking,
> specifically NatWest in the UK?

I can't comment on Natwest, but I use it for Nationwide and HSBC without
problems.
Try it and see.

Bryan

Hilary A Croughton

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:11:07 +0000 (UTC), Bryan Harrison
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Does anyone have any experience of using Firefox for online banking,
>> specifically NatWest in the UK?

>I can't comment on Natwest, but I use it for Nationwide and HSBC without
>problems.
>Try it and see.

I did and it does.

Thanks.

Hilary

Leonidas Jones

Hilary A Croughton wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:11:07 +0000 (UTC), Bryan Harrison
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>>Does anyone have any experience of using Firefox for online banking,
>>>specifically NatWest in the UK?

>>I can't comment on Natwest, but I use it for Nationwide and HSBC without
>>problems.
>>Try it and see.

> I did and it does.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Hilary

Good news, thanks for letting us know!!

Lee

Smiley

Hilary A Croughton wrote:
> I am considering switching to Firefox but really heavily on being able
> to access all my bank accounts online.
>
> Does anyone have any experience of using Firefox for online banking,
> specifically NatWest in the UK?
>

> Hilary

You might want to check-out the following link first (posted by default
in another thread):

http://news.com.com/Mozilla+to+squas...tml?tag=cd.top