Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > E-commerce script desired

E-commerce script desired

jfbryan@gmail.com

I am looking for a script (preferably Perl) that will require a
visitor to register (on a web registration page) and then be presented
with various successive affiliate website offers before concluding.

Tim Greer

> I am looking for a script (preferably Perl) that will require a
> visitor to register (on a web registration page) and then be presented
> with various successive affiliate website offers before concluding.

Sounds annoying to the users actually, but I'm sure some exist. Were
you looking to try and hire someone to create such a product for you?
Have you looked online with your favorite search engine to see what
scripts out there might suit your needs? Were you just wondering if
this was possible?

jfbryan@gmail.com

On Oct 17, 10:45 pm, Tim Greer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I am looking for a script (preferably Perl) that will require a
> > visitor to register (on a web registration page) and then be presented
> > with various successive affiliate website offers before concluding.

> Sounds annoying to the users actually, but I'm sure some exist. Were
> you looking to try and hire someone to create such a product for you?
> Have you looked online with your favorite search engine to see what
> scripts out there might suit your needs? Were you just wondering if
> this was possible?
> --
> Tim Greer, CEO/Founder/CTO, BurlyHost.com, Inc.
> Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated & Semi-Dedicated servers
> and Custom Hosting. 24/7 support, 30 day guarantee, secure servers.
> Industry's most experienced staff! -- Web Hosting With Muscle!

Tim:

Thanks for responding.

Actually, I have searched script repositories without success, and, in
fact, I have encountered this functionality at some sites (only I
can't remember where). I am certainly willing to pay for this product
as I intend it for commercial purposes. But since I know it exists, I
am hoping not to have to hire a coder.

Cordially,
James Bryan

Michael Vilain

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I am looking for a script (preferably Perl) that will require a
> visitor to register (on a web registration page) and then be presented
> with various successive affiliate website offers before concluding.

There are ecommerce packages out there, some commercial and some free.
OScommerce is the one I see offered on web hosting sites. Many of them
can be customized to work with your credit card processor. You want to
hire a web programmer to find a compatible web hosting company, setup a
site for you, acquire the software, configure it, and setup the
eCommerce stuff for you. Asking for help off news groups isn't going to
get you very far.

[I filter all Goggle Groups posts, so any reply may be automatically by ignored]

Tim Greer

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> On Oct 17, 10:45 pm, Tim Greer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> > I am looking for a script (preferably Perl) that will require a
>> > visitor to register (on a web registration page) and then be
>> > presented with various successive affiliate website offers before
>> > concluding.

>> Sounds annoying to the users actually, but I'm sure some exist. Were
>> you looking to try and hire someone to create such a product for you?
>> Have you looked online with your favorite search engine to see what
>> scripts out there might suit your needs? Were you just wondering if
>> this was possible?

> Thanks for responding.
>
> Actually, I have searched script repositories without success, and, in
> fact, I have encountered this functionality at some sites (only I
> can't remember where). I am certainly willing to pay for this product
> as I intend it for commercial purposes. But since I know it exists, I
> am hoping not to have to hire a coder.

You'd probably have better luck inquiring on a web development newsgroup
or a forum community that revolves around such subjects. There are
shopping cart scripts, and many web hosts offer them with easily used
interfaces to set them up in a matter of minutes, and you can always
modify them from there, but the sites you may have seen could have been
in-house, custom solutions -- though it might be common and open
source, as it sounds pretty common.

jfbryan@gmail.com

On Oct 18, 1:07 am, Michael Vilain <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I am looking for a script (preferably Perl) that will require a
> > visitor to register (on a web registration page) and then be presented
> > with various successive affiliate website offers before concluding.

> There are ecommerce packages out there, some commercial and some free.
> OScommerce is the one I see offered on web hosting sites. Many of them
> can be customized to work with your credit card processor. You want to
> hire a web programmer to find a compatible web hosting company, setup a
> site for you, acquire the software, configure it, and setup the
> eCommerce stuff for you. Asking for help off news groups isn't going to
> get you very far.
>
> --
> DeeDee, don't press that button! DeeDee! NO! Dee...
> [I filter all Goggle Groups posts, so any reply may be automatically by ignored]

Michael:

Thanks for replying. Based on Tim's and your leads and further
research, I came across a website with the type of functionality that
I have in mind.

http://producttestpanel.com and the site claims to use "Accu Offer" as
an engine

Do you happen to know how I can adopt this for my site?

Thanks,
James

Michael Vilain

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> On Oct 18, 1:07 am, Michael Vilain <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > In article
> > <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> >
> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > > I am looking for a script (preferably Perl) that will require a
> > > visitor to register (on a web registration page) and then be presented
> > > with various successive affiliate website offers before concluding.

> > There are ecommerce packages out there, some commercial and some free.
> > OScommerce is the one I see offered on web hosting sites. Many of them
> > can be customized to work with your credit card processor. You want to
> > hire a web programmer to find a compatible web hosting company, setup a
> > site for you, acquire the software, configure it, and setup the
> > eCommerce stuff for you. Asking for help off news groups isn't going to
> > get you very far.
> >
> > --
> > DeeDee, don't press that button! DeeDee! NO! Dee...
> > [I filter all Goggle Groups posts, so any reply may be automatically by
> > ignored]

> Michael:
>
> Thanks for replying. Based on Tim's and your leads and further
> research, I came across a website with the type of functionality that
> I have in mind.
>
> http://producttestpanel.com and the site claims to use "Accu Offer" as
> an engine
>
> Do you happen to know how I can adopt this for my site?
>
> Thanks,
> James

Haven't a clue. "Buy a man a fish and you feed him for one day. Teach
a man to fish..."

[I filter all Goggle Groups posts, so any reply may be automatically by ignored]