Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > ANNOUNCE: GromPerl persistent Perl interpreter

ANNOUNCE: GromPerl persistent Perl interpreter

MVC net

GromPerl persistent Perl interpreter
------------------------------------

GromPerl is persistent Perl interpreter for Unix-like operating systems
provided by Bauk HTTP server's Grom persistent interpreter connector
library.

Perl interpreter compiled and linked with Grom persistent interpreter
connector library creates Perl interpreter capable of operating in
persistent mode and executing *.pl scripts in web directory.

Download:
http://www.bauk.ws/gromperl.html
http://www.bauk.ws/readme.html#gromconnector

GromPerl persistent Perl interpreter
Grom persistent interpreter connector library

Leon Timmermans

On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 16:43:45 +0200, MVC net wrote:

> GromPerl persistent Perl interpreter
> ------------------------------------
>
> GromPerl is persistent Perl interpreter for Unix-like operating systems
> provided by Bauk HTTP server's Grom persistent interpreter connector
> library.
>
> Perl interpreter compiled and linked with Grom persistent interpreter
> connector library creates Perl interpreter capable of operating in
> persistent mode and executing *.pl scripts in web directory.
>

> Download:
> http://www.bauk.ws/gromperl.html
> http://www.bauk.ws/readme.html#gromconnector
>
> GromPerl persistent Perl interpreter
> Grom persistent interpreter connector library

Dude, if you announce something, put some news in it. This is the fourth
time (not counting the double post) in as many months that you post
almost exactly the same message here. This really gets boring.

Regards

Leon Timmermans

Randal L. Schwartz

>> GromPerl persistent Perl interpreter
>> Grom persistent interpreter connector library

Leon> Dude, if you announce something, put some news in it. This is the fourth
Leon> time (not counting the double post) in as many months that you post
Leon> almost exactly the same message here. This really gets boring.

Considered also this little gem (from http://www.bauk.ws/?terms):

Bauk HTTP server
Copyright (C) 2008. Bauk Development Team
Released in public domain.

"Public domain" isn't a valid license everywhere, and would actually revert to
"all rights reserved as specified by copyright" in some regions.

If you're intending this to be useful and used, please use a valid license.

MVC net

"Leon Timmermans" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:48c425ca$0$188$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
>> GromPerl persistent Perl interpreter
>> ------------------------------------
>>
>> GromPerl is persistent Perl interpreter for Unix-like operating systems
>> provided by Bauk HTTP server's Grom persistent interpreter connector
>> library.
>>
>> Perl interpreter compiled and linked with Grom persistent interpreter
>> connector library creates Perl interpreter capable of operating in
>> persistent mode and executing *.pl scripts in web directory.
>>

>> Download:
>> http://www.bauk.ws/gromperl.html
>> http://www.bauk.ws/readme.html#gromconnector
>>
>> GromPerl persistent Perl interpreter
>> Grom persistent interpreter connector library

> Dude, if you announce something, put some news in it. This is the fourth
> time (not counting the double post) in as many months that you post
> almost exactly the same message here. This really gets boring.
>
> Regards
>
> Leon Timmermans

It seems that you do not miss an opportunity.

MVC net

"Randal L. Schwartz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> GromPerl persistent Perl interpreter
>>> Grom persistent interpreter connector library

> Leon> Dude, if you announce something, put some news in it. This is the
> fourth
> Leon> time (not counting the double post) in as many months that you post
> Leon> almost exactly the same message here. This really gets boring.
>
> Considered also this little gem (from http://www.bauk.ws/?terms):
>
> Bauk HTTP server
> Copyright (C) 2008. Bauk Development Team
> Released in public domain.
>
> "Public domain" isn't a valid license everywhere, and would actually
> revert to
> "all rights reserved as specified by copyright" in some regions.
>
> If you're intending this to be useful and used, please use a valid
> license.
>
> print "Just another jacker,"; # the original
>
> --

You should have posted actual contents of the page.
It is somewhat different from what you say.

John Bokma

"MVC net" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Randal L. Schwartz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

[..]

>> Considered also this little gem (from http://www.bauk.ws/?terms):
>>
>> Bauk HTTP server
>> Copyright (C) 2008. Bauk Development Team
>> Released in public domain.

> You should have posted actual contents of the page.
> It is somewhat different from what you say.

Bauk HTTP server
Copyright (C) 2008. Bauk Development Team
Released in public domain.

He did. Maybe you should check your computer for malware if you read
something different, especially before you accuse people from lying.

--
John http://johnbokma.com/ - Hacking & Hiking in Mexico

Perl help in exchange for a gift:
http://johnbokma.com/perl/help-in-ex...or-a-gift.html

MVC net

"John Bokma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> Considered also this little gem (from http://www.bauk.ws/?terms):
>>>
>>> Bauk HTTP server
>>> Copyright (C) 2008. Bauk Development Team
>>> Released in public domain.

>> You should have posted actual contents of the page.
>> It is somewhat different from what you say.

> Bauk HTTP server
> Copyright (C) 2008. Bauk Development Team
> Released in public domain.
>
> He did. Maybe you should check your computer for malware if you read
> something different, especially before you accuse people from lying.
>
> --
> John http://johnbokma.com/ - Hacking & Hiking in Mexico

Just post a complete page

John Bokma

"MVC net" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "John Bokma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

[..]

> Just post a complete page

Talking about posting, don't quote sigs.

As for your announcement, it starts to look more an more like an
advertisement, which might **** off some people after a while.

As for your license, check out the wording of:
http://www.sqlite.org/copyright.html

To make things easier, you might want to pick a known license and
use the wording of that one, for example the Artistic License (2.0).

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artistic_License

--
John http://johnbokma.com/ - Hacking & Hiking in Mexico

Perl help in exchange for a gift:
http://johnbokma.com/perl/help-in-ex...or-a-gift.html

MVC net

"Keith Keller" <(E-Mail Removed)-francisco.ca.us> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-francisco.ca.us...

> That just seems like a cruel joke. It implies to someone less clueful
> that your license means something. If you want to accurately call your
> software "open-source" you need to actually use a license that is open
> source e.g. http://opensource.org/licenses/category .

You probably did not read it.
here is the open source definition:
http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition.php

In that document it does not say anywhere "software need to use a license
that is opensource to be open source.". (??)

That document says software or license is considered "opesource", if
conditions 123.. for this and this reason, etc. are met.
(which is logical, and in this specific case conditions are met)

It brings us back to original proprietary license, where did you see it is
not in sync with above definition.

>> Just post a complete page

> Talking about posting, don't quote sigs.
>
> As for your announcement, it starts to look more an more like an
> advertisement, which might **** off some people after a while.
>
> As for your license, check out the wording of:
> http://www.sqlite.org/copyright.html
>
> To make things easier, you might want to pick a known license and
> use the wording of that one, for example the Artistic License (2.0).
>
> See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artistic_License

It would be, perhaps, more precisse to say that some users are in good mood
rarely.

Speaking of licenses, Im familiar with couple, and Artistic, which is nice.
You should read these licenses, and you will notice that those created with
legal advice or expertise, say in essence "to help and improve"... nothing
else.
It does not say "with purpose of forcing a restriction".
Any restriction license has, is with main intention to help.

There is not one license that says "you must use this license, or if not,
then you must use another license".
(this is only how some users interpret the concept of license, and that
interpretation is wrong)
Also, if that was true, none of licenses now could exist because it creates
something of a chicken and the egg problem.

A user says- license must be used. It is basically using a tool for
protecting freedom to destroy some other freedom, ie freedom to not use a
license.
To mention, for some designs, concepts, or solutions widely accepted today,
not so long ago many were less than happy to adopt and use, saying "never"..
etc.
Today, these same people say of course yes engrave it on my tomb stone.
Whether it's an os, software, somethin gelse.
Now somebody objected here.. lets see.. Who was it?

regards