Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Add Watch

Add Watch

et

How do I add a watch, using asp.net in visual studio, to stop the program
when a value in a drop down list changes? I can add a watch through Debug,
windows, watch, but there doesn't seem to be a way to have it stop the
program if and when the value changes, I never see it in the watch because
the program ends before the value changes.

I have stepped through my entire code, and at the very last second of the
program a drop down list changes it's value, and I can't figure out where
it's coming from. There is nothing in the code that is doing it, and I have
written code in every event I can find to determine if that event is
changing the code.

Jos

et wrote:
> How do I add a watch, using asp.net in visual studio, to stop the
> program when a value in a drop down list changes? I can add a watch
> through Debug, windows, watch, but there doesn't seem to be a way to
> have it stop the program if and when the value changes, I never see
> it in the watch because the program ends before the value changes.
>
> I have stepped through my entire code, and at the very last second of
> the program a drop down list changes it's value, and I can't figure
> out where it's coming from. There is nothing in the code that is
> doing it, and I have written code in every event I can find to
> determine if that event is changing the code.

Right click on the breakpoint, choose "Breakpoint properties...",
and add a "Condition".

--

Jos

Watch Thread in Thunderbird rwrede Firefox 5 10-16-2005 11:26 PM
Own your famous brand watch rooney Firefox 0 04-20-2005 05:58 AM
realazing a watch Manfred Balik VHDL 4 11-26-2004 08:20 AM
Watch thread? William W. Plummer Firefox 3 07-16-2004 08:33 AM

Advertisments