Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > How to clear all previous terminal output which is currently visible?

How to clear all previous terminal output which is currently visible?

Jason Stacy

Assume I have opened a terminal and already performed some commands which produced some
output lines.

Then I start a perl script which outputs also some line of text.

However I want at first all previous output lines in the terminal to be wiped.
All output should start with an "empty" terminal (of cause beside the prompt).

How can I wipe all old stuff?

In Windows command prompt there is a "cls" command but is not working in
perl/Linux terminals.

Is there an equivalent command?

Jason

Jürgen Exner

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jason Stacy) wrote:
>However I want at first all previous output lines in the terminal to be wiped.
>How can I wipe all old stuff?

perldoc -q clear: "How do I clear the screen?"

jue