Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Creating necessary configuration files on package installation

Creating necessary configuration files on package installation

David G. Hong

Hi,

I am writing a fairly customised piece of software. And some parts of
the software are configurable - meaning that there exists some sort of
configuration file like httpd.conf (for Apache 2). Now, I want to be
able to set this up upon package installation.

Is there a procedure I can use to do this?

David G. Hong

On Apr 21, 10:39 am, "David G. Hong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am writing a fairly customised piece of software. And some parts of
> the software are configurable - meaning that there exists some sort of
> configuration file like httpd.conf (for Apache 2). Now, I want to be
> able to set this up upon package installation.
>
> Is there a procedure I can use to do this?

May be I should clarify a little more.

Ultimately, I want to setup somethings like:

$PREFIX/conf/prog.conf

And have prog.conf contain some generic default configuration
settings. And this should be created upon:

perl Makefile.pl
make
make test
make install