Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > IE on attribute selectors

IE on attribute selectors

tshad

I am trying to set my input text elements to look the same.

I tried using the following:

input {
font-size: 10px;
text-decoration: none;
border: 1px solid #999999;
}

But it changed the buttons to rectangles instead of the nice curved buttons.

I then tried:

input[type="text"] {
font-size: 10px;
text-decoration: none;
border: 1px solid #999999;
}

This works fine in Netscape and Mozilla, but not in IE.

In IE, I have to set up a class selector and attach it to each text box to
solve the problem.

Is there a way to set up the CSS file to separate different types of inputs
in IE as Netscape and Mozilla do?

Thanks,

Tom.

tshad

"tshad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying to set my input text elements to look the same.
>
> I tried using the following:
>
> input {
> font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
> font-size: 10px;
> text-decoration: none;
> border: 1px solid #999999;
> }
>
> But it changed the buttons to rectangles instead of the nice curved
> buttons.
>
> I then tried:
>
> input[type="text"] {
> font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
> font-size: 10px;
> text-decoration: none;
> border: 1px solid #999999;
> }

I also tried to do :

input {
font-size: 10px;
text-decoration: none;
border: 1px solid #999999;
}
input.submit {
font-size: 10px;
text-decoration: none;
border: none none none;
}

Setting the class="submit" on the button. This doesn't work, either. If I
take the border out of the input.submit style, it still doesn't work.

Tom