Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Getting started with HTTP::Proxy

Getting started with HTTP::Proxy

arvinporthog@lycos.com

Hi. I don't know anything about proxies or networking yet I've been
tasked with protecting some content on a media server and I'm guessing
a proxy is the way to go. I'm playing around with HTTP:roxy just to
get a feel for things. All of the examples and discussions seem geared
to a proxy which sits on a user's computer while what I want is to put
the proxy on an intermediate server between the user and the media
server. So just to test I set up a bare bones HTTP:roxy script on
one of our web servers. It runs and I can connect to it but I don't
know where to start trying to get it to do more:

use strict;
use warnings;
use HTTP:roxy;

my $proxy = new HTTP:roxy (port => 8100, host => undef);
$proxy->start;

When I connect http://www.myserver.edu:8100 I get the message:
"Scheme is not supported by this proxy."

How can I do something simple like pipe the google homepage to my
browser (not redirect!)?

if a variable is started inside a closure, can it ever be redeclared and started over, outside of the original function? Jake Barnes Javascript 2 02-15-2006 03:32 AM
Getting Started Bill McCarty Firefox 4 08-12-2005 07:02 PM
need help getting started w/ QoS bruce Cisco 1 12-16-2004 02:15 PM
Need help getting started !!! Ted R VHDL 3 10-23-2004 02:40 PM
Getting started with Altera IP Core ALuPin VHDL 0 09-21-2004 01:37 PM

Advertisments