Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > XML to Database

XML to Database

worlman385@yahoo.com

I am now using SQLXML to load XML file into a SQLServer database.

Here is how it works -

XML(Data) + XSD(Schema) -->

through MS SQLXML COM program (EXE) -->

SQLServer2005

==================

I though XML Schema is used for defining what kind of Element or
attribute should appear in an XML document right?

But from above example, XSD schema can also used to describe how XML
document should be map to a Database table too???

Then XSD can be think of a document that describe how One want to
manipulate a specific XMLfile?

So, XSD schema to be used to describe anything about data manipulate
of an XML???

Above is the only use of XSD schema?

Tad J McClellan

> I though XML Schema is used for defining what kind of Element or
> attribute should appear in an XML document right?
>
> But from above example, XSD schema can also used to describe how XML
> document should be map to a Database table too???
>
> Then XSD can be think of a document that describe how One want to
> manipulate a specific XMLfile?
>
> So, XSD schema to be used to describe anything about data manipulate
> of an XML???
>
> Above is the only use of XSD schema?

This is the Perl newsgroup.

We discuss things related to the Perl programming language here.

Not one of your questions is related to the Perl Programming language.

You are in the wrong newsgroup.

--
Tad McClellan