Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Source for the open perl function

Source for the open perl function

himanshu.garg@gmail.com

Hello,

Could you tell me which file in the perl sources has the source
code for the perl open function, please.

Thank You,
Himanshu

Ben Morrow

Quoth http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed):

> Could you tell me which file in the perl sources has the source
> code for the perl open function, please.

In 5.8 and 5.10, the actual open function is pp_open in pp_sys.c, but
the bulk of the work is done by Perl_do_openn in doio.c. Note that
understanding either of these functions will require a working knowledge
of the perl5 internals: the perl source makes heavy use of macros, which
often do things you weren't entirely expecting.

Ben