Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > I have an HTML page, is there a way to export to PDF?

I have an HTML page, is there a way to export to PDF?

Luis Esteban Valencia

I have an HTML page, is there a way to export to PDF? without headers amd
footers that IE Prints.

--
LUIS ESTEBAN VALENCIA
MICROSOFT DCE 2.

Mark Fitzpatrick

The easiest thing to actually do is just turn off the IE headers and footers
by going to File | Page Setup and clearing out the characters for the header
and footer comments then print through the Adobe PDF Writer.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

"Luis Esteban Valencia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an HTML page, is there a way to export to PDF? without headers amd
> footers that IE Prints.
>

> --
> LUIS ESTEBAN VALENCIA
> MICROSOFT DCE 2.
> MIEMBRO ACTIVO DE ALIANZADEV

Luis Esteban Valencia

I mean by programming. by code.

--
LUIS ESTEBAN VALENCIA
MICROSOFT DCE 2.
MIEMBRO ACTIVO DE ALIANZADEV
"Mark Fitzpatrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The easiest thing to actually do is just turn off the IE headers and

footers
> by going to File | Page Setup and clearing out the characters for the

header
> and footer comments then print through the Adobe PDF Writer.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Mark Fitzpatrick
> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
>
> "Luis Esteban Valencia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have an HTML page, is there a way to export to PDF? without headers amd
> > footers that IE Prints.
> >

> > --
> > LUIS ESTEBAN VALENCIA
> > MICROSOFT DCE 2.
> > MIEMBRO ACTIVO DE ALIANZADEV

jongalloway

activePDF sells a product called WebGrabber which does this.
Pros:
1. I've used it in production applications over the past year and can
report that it works well.
2. activePDF support has been outstanding.
3. Extensive support for complex HTML (CSS, tables, etc.)
Cons:
1. It's expensive - about $1500 U.S.
2. It installs as a print driver on the server, so it can be difficult
to configure and manage. For instance, changing print resolution (dpi)
affects all applications using that printer instance.

http://www.activepdf.com/products/se...ts/webgrabber/

Another option is PDFizer. It's a free, open source project that
converts XHTML to PDF.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfizer

I haven't used it, but it looks promising. I like the fact that it
performs a conversion without using a printer driver.
- Jon
http://weblogs.asp.net/jgalloway