Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Form submit with mechanize 0.72

Form submit with mechanize 0.72

Cashbackre

I am currently using mechanize 0.72 on active perl 5.8.6 for some
strange reason I cannot upgrade to the current version
of 1.34 so this is not an option, the problem is I am trying to submit
my login details on a page with two forms
with the same name but different values, I am trying to submit to the
second form with relevant form html:
<input type=submit name=submit value=" S E N D ">,
I understand mechanize 1.34 has a click_button function, whereby I can
click by value, however 0.72 does not have the click_button function,
I can fill in my username and password, and check that they have been
filled in correctly but every submission of the form either via
$mech->click("submit");
or $mech->submit();
or $mech->submit("submit");
ends up submitting the very first form

J. Gleixner

Cashbackre wrote:
> I am currently using mechanize 0.72 on active perl 5.8.6 for some
> strange reason I cannot upgrade to the current version
> of 1.34 so this is not an option, the problem is I am trying to submit
> my login details on a page with two forms
> with the same name but different values, I am trying to submit to the
> second form with relevant form html:
> <input type=submit name=submit value=" S E N D ">,
> I understand mechanize 1.34 has a click_button function, whereby I can
> click by value, however 0.72 does not have the click_button function,
> I can fill in my username and password, and check that they have been
> filled in correctly but every submission of the form either via
> $mech->click("submit");
> or $mech->submit();
> or $mech->submit("submit");
> ends up submitting the very first form

The place to start is with the documentation.

Is there a 'form_number' attribute for the submit or
submit_form method?