Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Testing the response of a WEB form for completion.

Testing the response of a WEB form for completion.

gshine1@gmail.com

We need to fill, submit and test the response of a WEB form. This was
we can check the backend databases are working and the forms are
functioning.

Is there a way to have perl interact with a standard form and monitor
the resposes?

Maybee a standard script or something already developed, but otherwise
a basic outline of a method that would work.

Many thanks
Gary

Ben Morrow

Quoth http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed):
> We need to fill, submit and test the response of a WEB form. This was
> we can check the backend databases are working and the forms are
> functioning.
>
> Is there a way to have perl interact with a standard form and monitor
> the resposes?

WWW::Mechanize makes this sort of thing very easy. If you look on CPAN,
there are probably Test::* modules based on Mech designed for exactly
this task.

Ben