Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > How to move perl from one PC to another PC (windows XP)

How to move perl from one PC to another PC (windows XP)

SC

We have a PC/Windows XP running some Perl scripts for daily routine.
I'd like to copy them to another PC/ windows xp, for running same perl
scripts. What should I do to the new PC set a path or ??

Ron Bergin

On Feb 5, 8:15 pm, SC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> We have a PC/Windows XP running some Perl scripts for daily routine.
> I'd like to copy them to another PC/ windows xp, for running same perl
> scripts. What should I do to the new PC set a path or ??

Install Perl on the other PC. If you install Activestate Perl and
accept the defaults during the install, it will create the file
associations and set the path environment.
http://activestate.com/store/product...5-08d58c2648ca

A. Sinan Unur

SC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> We have a PC/Windows XP running some Perl scripts for daily routine.
> I'd like to copy them to another PC/ windows xp, for running same perl
> scripts. What should I do to the new PC set a path or ??

Install PAR:acker using ppm.

perldoc pp gives you the documentation for pp, the packager script.
There is also gpp but I have not tried it:

http://search.cpan.org/src/SMUELLER/...gpp_readme.txt

This will allow you to pack the script along with all libraries and
other runtime files and create an .exe that can be run on another
Windows computer without installing Perl or dependencies on that
computer.

Sinan

PS: Apparently, both bribes and uwinnipeg ppm repositories have
more recent versions of PAR than ActiveState.

--
A. Sinan Unur <(E-Mail Removed)>
clpmisc guidelines: <URL:http://www.rehabitation.com/clpmisc.shtml>