Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Creating a feedback form in html

Creating a feedback form in html

Karl

Hi, I need to create a feedback form in a webpage I am making so
that
users can fill in text and simply hit send, and the text will be
mailed. I know there are probably lots of ways to do this, I have
been using java for 10 years so I know it could be done that way, but
I want to do it the main way that it is done on the internet today.
understand this is probly done with a perl script and cgi. If you
guys could give me your feedback on the most common way this is done
would appreciate it thanks

Karl

Ivan Novick

On Dec 27, 3:02 pm, Karl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi, I need to create a feedback form in a webpage I am making so
> that
> users can fill in text and simply hit send, and the text will be
> mailed. I know there are probably lots of ways to do this, I have
> been using java for 10 years so I know it could be done that way, but
> I want to do it the main way that it is done on the internet today.
> understand this is probly done with a perl script and cgi. If you
> guys could give me your feedback on the most common way this is done

Yes I am a perl user, but honestly i would just try PHP in your
scenario... http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_forms.asp

If you really want to use perl, which is fair enough, than try reading
here: http://perldoc.perl.org/CGI.html

Regards,
Ivan Novick
http://www.0x4849.net

Karl

On Dec 27, 6:37*pm, Ivan Novick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Dec 27, 3:02 pm, Karl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi, *I need to create a feedback form in a webpage I am making so
> > that
> > users can fill in text and simply hit send, and the text will be
> > mailed. *I know there are probably lots of ways to do this, I have
> > been using java for 10 years so I know it could be done that way, but
> > I want to do it the main way that it is done on the internet today.
> > understand this is probly done with a perl script and cgi. *If you
> > guys could give me your feedback on the most common way this is done

> Yes I am a perl user, but honestly i would just try PHP in your
> scenario...http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_forms.asp
>
> If you really want to use perl, which is fair enough, than try reading
> here:http://perldoc.perl.org/CGI.html
>
> Regards,
> Ivan Novickhttp://www.0x4849.net

Thanks man ya Im definatly usin php found it was much better

Ted Zlatanov

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 18:37:22 -0800 (PST) Ivan Novick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

IN> On Dec 27, 3:02 pm, Karl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi, I need to create a feedback form in a webpage I am making so that
>> users can fill in text and simply hit send, and the text will be
>> mailed. I know there are probably lots of ways to do this, I have
>> been using java for 10 years so I know it could be done that way, but
>> I want to do it the main way that it is done on the internet today.
>> I understand this is probly done with a perl script and cgi. If you
>> guys could give me your feedback on the most common way this is done

IN> Yes I am a perl user, but honestly i would just try PHP in your
IN> scenario... http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_forms.asp

IN> If you really want to use perl, which is fair enough, than try reading
IN> here: http://perldoc.perl.org/CGI.html

I think CGI::FormBuilder is a very good way to do this and gets close to
what PHP can do (surpassing it in some ways). Whether you prefer PHP or
Perl is up to you.

Ted