Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Accessing Win32 remote scheduled tasks

Accessing Win32 remote scheduled tasks

TonyV

Hey all, I'm trying to list the scheduled tasks on Windows servers. I
snagged the Win32::TaskScheduler package, and quickly wrote up the
following code:

my $scheduler=Win32::TaskScheduler->New();
$scheduler->SetTargetComputer("\\\\" . $computer);
my @jobs = $scheduler->Enum();

Locally, logged in as myself, it works like a charm. However, if I
put that in a script on an IIS server we're running, it bombs out on
the SetTargetComputer line. I'm pretty sure the problem is with the
permissions. IIS runs scripts as the local IUSR_(servername) account,
which doesn't have access to resources on remote servers.

I'm using integrated Windows authentication in IIS. Ideally, I
suppose I'd like the script to run with the same permissions as the
user who is accessing the site, so that it would have access to
whatever remote resources the user pulling up the web page has.

Does anyone know if this is possible? If not, does anyone know of a
workaround to accessing remote resources that doesn't involve changing
the permissions on the remote server?

TonyV

On Dec 21, 4:18 pm, TonyV <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does anyone know if this is possible? If not, does anyone know of a
> workaround to accessing remote resources that doesn't involve changing
> the permissions on the remote server?

Crap, this might help. I'm using ActiveState Perl 5.8.8, build 820
[274739], and the server is IIS 6 running on a Windows 2003 box.
(I've got a really nasty cold right now, which is my excuse for not
posting this in the original message.)