Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Problem with GDGraph.com website?

Problem with GDGraph.com website?

timbo

Hello all,

Apologies if this isn't the most appropriate group to post this
question, but is anyone else having problems accessing this website?

http://gdgraph.com/

It was working fine last week, but it seems as if the site is down coz
I keep getting timeouts all weekend.

t.

J. Gleixner

timbo wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Apologies if this isn't the most appropriate group to post this
> question,

You're right, it isn't.

> but is anyone else having problems accessing this website?
>
> http://...
>
> It was working fine last week, but it seems as if the site is down coz
> I keep getting timeouts all weekend.

And what would you like us to do about it?

smallpond

On Dec 17, 7:48 am, timbo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Apologies if this isn't the most appropriate group to post this
> question, but is anyone else having problems accessing this website?
>
> http://gdgraph.com/
>
> It was working fine last week, but it seems as if the site is down coz
> I keep getting timeouts all weekend.
>
> t.

The nameserver is up (ns1.tempic.com), but not returning an A record
for gdgraph.com. Perhaps they were killed by MI5.
Anyway, the perl code is still on CPAN, what else do you need?
--S

Martien Verbruggen

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 04:48:16 -0800 (PST),
timbo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Apologies if this isn't the most appropriate group to post this
> question, but is anyone else having problems accessing this website?

It probably isn't the right place, as this is not about Perl.

> http://gdgraph.com/
>
> It was working fine last week, but it seems as if the site is down coz
> I keep getting timeouts all weekend.

I've never heard of gdraph.com before, which is rather interesting. If
it has anything to do with the CPAN bundle GDGraph, you can get that
from CPAN directly.

Martien
--

Martien Verbruggen |
| What's another word for Thesaurus?

timbo

On Dec 18, 3:42 am, "J. Gleixner" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> timbo wrote:
> > Hello all,

> > Apologies if this isn't the most appropriate group to post this
> > question,

> You're right, it isn't.
>
> > but is anyone else having problems accessing this website?

> > http://...

> > It was working fine last week, but it seems as if the site is down coz
> > I keep getting timeouts all weekend.

> And what would you like us to do about it?

I feel the loooooove in these newsgroups.
Anyway, I was just after confirmation from other perl gurus if they
may have been having the same problem.
There was no GDGraph newsgroup so I thought the "misc" in this
newsgroup was most appropriate.

Btw, yes I was referring to the GDGraph module from CPAN.
The GDGraph website had some documentation but what I was really after
was the sample code for the various graphs.
I managed to get a few but not all.

But luckily Google's cache still had a copy, so never mind.
Anyway, cheers everyone.

t.

Martien Verbruggen

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:39:51 -0800 (PST),
timbo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[snip]

> Btw, yes I was referring to the GDGraph module from CPAN.
> The GDGraph website had some documentation but what I was really after
> was the sample code for the various graphs.
> I managed to get a few but not all.

I am not sure, because that web site doesn't seem to be around anymore,
but from what I can see from Google's cache, it seems that the samples
that were there were simply the ones that come with the GDGraph
distribution.

If you download the full distribution from CPAN (http://cpan.perl.org),
and unpack it somewhere, it will have a directory called 'samples',
which contains a load of examples. Are those the ones you're after?

> But luckily Google's cache still had a copy, so never mind.
> Anyway, cheers everyone.

If the examples on that website are different to the ones in the
distrubution, then simply disregard this post.

Martien
--

Martien Verbruggen | Freudian slip: when you say one thing but