Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Visual Studio

Visual Studio

cameron

This is probably off topic, so please feel free to redirect me to proper
news group, I am wondering if you can enable the XML comments in Visual
Studio for other file types. I have written a documentation engine
thingy that can go through ASP, XSLT, and Javascript files looking for
the stadard tags, (///<summary></summary> etc), but it is a pain to
remember all of the different tags and to manually complete the tag...
etc. So I would like to get Studio to give me the commenting options on
all file types.

Has anyone seen an option that would allow that?

Thanks

-Cam

=?Utf-8?B?VGFtcGEgLk5FVCBLb2Rlcg==?=

here you go

http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups...&lang=en&cr=US

"cameron" wrote:

> This is probably off topic, so please feel free to redirect me to proper
> news group, I am wondering if you can enable the XML comments in Visual
> Studio for other file types. I have written a documentation engine
> thingy that can go through ASP, XSLT, and Javascript files looking for
> the stadard tags, (///<summary></summary> etc), but it is a pain to
> remember all of the different tags and to manually complete the tag...
> etc. So I would like to get Studio to give me the commenting options on
> all file types.
>
> Has anyone seen an option that would allow that?
>
> Thanks
>
> -Cam

cameron

Sweet!