Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > How to play audio clips from Perl on OS X?

How to play audio clips from Perl on OS X?

kj

I have a collection of very short audio clips (mostly numbers and
names of people) that I would like to be able to play entirely from
within a Perl script running on OS X; i.e. without invoking, e.g.
iTunes. I would like to be able to play selections of multiple
clips from this collection in a seamless sequence, without any
pause at all in between them.

Any clues on how to do this would be much appreciated.

TIA!

kj

PS: The clips are currently in mp3 form, but I'd be happy to convert
(or even re-record) them if a different format would make this task
easier.