Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > process growing without limit

process growing without limit

Yakov

I have a perl daemon that grows without limit. The code is large and
written by different people.

I believe that some hash or array grows without limit there. I don't
think there are cyclic refs anywhere in the code. I'd like to use some
tool to catch it.

It would help me it I had a function FindLargeHashOrArray($N) which
would go over *all* hashes and arrays in *all* modules, and show me
hashes and arrays which have more than $N elements.

Is it possible ?

Thanks
Yakov

Ben Morrow

Quoth Yakov <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> I have a perl daemon that grows without limit. The code is large and
> written by different people.
>
> I believe that some hash or array grows without limit there. I don't
> think there are cyclic refs anywhere in the code. I'd like to use some
> tool to catch it.
>
> It would help me it I had a function FindLargeHashOrArray($N) which
> would go over *all* hashes and arrays in *all* modules, and show me
> hashes and arrays which have more than $N elements.

You may have some luck with Devel::Leak or Devel::Cycle.

Ben