Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > HEXUS.gaming :: Quake 4 - The First 15

HEXUS.gaming :: Quake 4 - The First 15

Silverstrand Silverstrand is offline
Senior Member
Silverstrand's Avatar
Location: Wisconsin

First impressions of a game are hugely important, so our gaming editor presents his thoughts based on the first 15 minutes of Quake 4 gameplay.
Quote: The first thing that you’ll notice as soon as you get into the meat of Quake 4 is just how similar it looks to Doom 3. On the graphics front the original Quake was very brown, Quake 2 was brown and grey and now Quake 4 may well end up being known as Doom 3 under a new name. In fact, purely as a first impression, I couldn’t help but think that Quake 4 is the game Doom 3 should have been!
Link: http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=3729

Gez Gez is offline
Senior Member

now i must say to myself... buy? or... um... barrow?

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

depends on how good of a game?

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

Not out here yet Comes out next month.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

too bad i aint got any money to buy it

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

I'll just "borrow" a copy off my bro and "pirate" it No wait... That's not what I meant to say

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

u meant to say ur going to buy it off ur bro for a small price of a cd

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

Yeah, that's a little more accurate, but I have cds of my own

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

no u dont, i dare u to look for them *yonk!*

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Could I <ahem> buy a copy of it from you, er, when you're done with it. <ahem>