Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > I have address book with more than

I have address book with more than

Bond

I have address book with more than 1000 e-mail address. Bu some of them are
no good because user cancel it or change e-mail (some are older 10 year).
How to control witches are bad, so I can delete it. I can export it to text
file, and read it from perl.

Please Help

Mintcake

On Oct 3, 3:04 pm, "Bond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have address book with more than 1000 e-mail address. Bu some of them are
> no good because user cancel it or change e-mail (some are older 10 year).
> How to control witches are bad, so I can delete it. I can export it to text
> file, and read it from perl.
>
> Please Help

If you can export it to a text file and read it from perl the next
step is easy. Learn perl.

Josef Moellers

Bond wrote:
> I have address book with more than 1000 e-mail address. Bu some of themare
> no good because user cancel it or change e-mail (some are older 10 year).
> How to control witches are bad, so I can delete it. I can export it to text
> file, and read it from perl.

IMHO there's little you can do but to send everyone an email stating the
purpose of the email and asking the person for a confirmation that (s)he
would like to stay in your address book. You could then write a Perl
script to sift through your mailbox and gather those messages which
didn't bounce and where the person agreed to stay in your address book.

There are several mail related modules at CPAN. If you have problems
using one, write a small, self-contained program showing the problem and
we'll see if we can help.

BTW I, for sure, won't answer that email. From the fact that you didn't
use a real name, I guess I'll be glad to fall off your list of "more
than 1000 e-mail address"es.

Josef
Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)