Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Framesets - Event in frame 'A' triggering update of frame 'B' -How ?

Framesets - Event in frame 'A' triggering update of frame 'B' -How ?

JAW

I have posted this in a couple of the other newsgropus but have not recieved any responses. Thought I would try it here.

I have a frameset that contains frames (top and bottom). In the bottopm frame I have a datagrid, with a command button
on the first column of the grid. When I click on the button for the appropiate row of data, I retreive information from
the row of the datagrid and place this information into session variables for the other frame to retrieve. No problem so
far. What I want to do is then trigger a update (repost ?) of the data in frame 'B', but I can not figure out how I tell
the server to update this frame. I do not want to update frame 'A'. So far this is all written in VB.NET, with the asp
files (the two frames) having no code/script in them, just basic HTML information.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jerry

Kevin Spencer

You tell the server to update the frame in the same way you tell the server
to update the current page: you make a Request. In this case, to update
another frame in the frameset, you would probably use JavaScript:

window.parent.frameName.document.location = "URL";

- or -

window.parent.frames[index].document.location = "URL";

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"JAW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:k76kd.140275$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have posted this in a couple of the other newsgropus but have not

recieved any responses. Thought I would try it here.

> I have a frameset that contains frames (top and bottom). In the bottopm

frame I have a datagrid, with a command button
> on the first column of the grid. When I click on the button for the

appropiate row of data, I retreive information from
> the row of the datagrid and place this information into session variables

for the other frame to retrieve. No problem so
> far. What I want to do is then trigger a update (repost ?) of the data in

frame 'B', but I can not figure out how I tell
> the server to update this frame. I do not want to update frame 'A'. So far

this is all written in VB.NET, with the asp
> files (the two frames) having no code/script in them, just basic HTML

information.

> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
> Jerry

JAW

Kevin Spencer wrote:
> You tell the server to update the frame in the same way you tell the server
> to update the current page: you make a Request. In this case, to update
> another frame in the frameset, you would probably use JavaScript:
>
> window.parent.frameName.document.location = "URL";
>
> - or -
>
> window.parent.frames[index].document.location = "URL";

Thanks Kevin. Now My question is how to simulate this in VB.NET ?