Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > how to connect to sybase in perl

how to connect to sybase in perl

German

I am having trouble to connect to Sybase using perl. I am currently
running windows on my machine. I got the following errors when I ran
the script.

install_driver(Sybase) failed: Can't locate DBD/Sybase.pm in @INC
(@INC contains
: c:/Program Files/Perl/lib c:/Program Files/Perl/site/lib .) at (eval
1) line 3
..
Perhaps the DBD::Sybase perl module hasn't been fully installed,
or perhaps the capitalisation of 'Sybase' isn't right.
Available drivers: CSV, DB2, DBM, ExampleP, File, ODBC, Proxy, Sponge.

It seems to me that I need to install the module, but I can't find the
module for windows online. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Larry

On Aug 21, 9:02 am, German <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am having trouble to connect to Sybase using perl. I am currently
> running windows on my machine. I got the following errors when I ran
> the script.
>
> install_driver(Sybase) failed: Can't locate DBD/Sybase.pm in @INC
> (@INC contains
> : c:/Program Files/Perl/lib c:/Program Files/Perl/site/lib .) at (eval
> 1) line 3
> .
> Perhaps the DBD::Sybase perl module hasn't been fully installed,
> or perhaps the capitalisation of 'Sybase' isn't right.
> Available drivers: CSV, DB2, DBM, ExampleP, File, ODBC, Proxy, Sponge.
>
> It seems to me that I need to install the module, but I can't find the
> module for windows online. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance

Are you using ActiveState Perl? If so, they have some Sybase modules
available through Perl Package Manager.