Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > transfering files

transfering files

=?Utf-8?B?TUFMQlhOWQ==?=

IM USING WINDOWS MESSENGER ON MY DESKTOP IN PHILADELPHIA. HOW CAN I TRANSFER
FILES TO MY LITTLE BROTHER'S LAPTOP IF HE'S USING A WIRELESS NETWORK IN
CALIFORNIA?

Louis Vitiello Jr.

If you both have access to the internet, have him use Windows Messenger as
well and send the files through that. It does not matter if he's on a
wireless or wired network, as long as his router is configured to allow
Windows Messenger you can use it to send files.

Hope this helps,

--
Louis Vitiello Jr.
------------------------------

"MALBXNY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> IM USING WINDOWS MESSENGER ON MY DESKTOP IN PHILADELPHIA. HOW CAN I
> TRANSFER
> FILES TO MY LITTLE BROTHER'S LAPTOP IF HE'S USING A WIRELESS NETWORK IN
> CALIFORNIA?

=?Utf-8?B?TUFMQlhOWQ==?=

thanks louis. now for the hard question.
my brother and i can use instant messenger but only to send text. how do we
configure it to send files also? he's not using a router he using a wi-fi
hotspot.he siad (linksys) is the network hes using.
im really new to wi-fi tech, so break it down in english terms. thanks

"Louis Vitiello Jr." wrote:

> If you both have access to the internet, have him use Windows Messenger as
> well and send the files through that. It does not matter if he's on a
> wireless or wired network, as long as his router is configured to allow
> Windows Messenger you can use it to send files.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> --
> Louis Vitiello Jr.
> ------------------------------
> MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+/N+
> ERCP XP Pro / Net Concepts
>

> "MALBXNY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > IM USING WINDOWS MESSENGER ON MY DESKTOP IN PHILADELPHIA. HOW CAN I
> > TRANSFER
> > FILES TO MY LITTLE BROTHER'S LAPTOP IF HE'S USING A WIRELESS NETWORK IN
> > CALIFORNIA?

=?Utf-8?B?TW9uc3RlcmRvZw==?=

What's wrong with e-mail?

=?Utf-8?B?TUFMQlhOWQ==?=

to time consuming to send 1 or 2 files at a time