Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Pagination

Pagination

webmaster@valleywebnet.com

I have a DB with ~1100 entries that I have made searchable. However,
the results can be VERY long. So, I want a way of paginating the
output.

I have seen oodles of these types of scripts for PHP, but nothing for
PERL, and my PERL skills are rusty.

Anyone seen somethng like this for PERL, or have an example lying
around?

Thanks!
Jim

Robert Hicks

On Aug 11, 2:40 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I have a DB with ~1100 entries that I have made searchable. However,
> the results can be VERY long. So, I want a way of paginating the
> output.
>
> I have seen oodles of these types of scripts for PHP, but nothing for
> PERL, and my PERL skills are rusty.
>
> Anyone seen somethng like this for PERL, or have an example lying
> around?
>
> Thanks!
> Jim

HTML:ager
Data:ager
Data:ageset

Try one of those...

HTH

Robert

On Aug 11, 5:03 pm, Robert Hicks <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Aug 11, 2:40 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > I have a DB with ~1100 entries that I have made searchable. However,
> > the results can be VERY long. So, I want a way of paginating the
> > output.

> > I have seen oodles of these types of scripts for PHP, but nothing for
> > PERL, and my PERL skills are rusty.

> > Anyone seen somethng like this for PERL, or have an example lying
> > around?

> > Thanks!
> > Jim

> HTML:ager
> Data:ager
> Data:ageset
>
> Try one of those...
>
> HTH
>
> Robert

Unfortunately, I can't use any of those, my server doesn't have them
installed and getting them to install something new is like pulling
teeth from an alligator.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
Jim

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

> On Aug 11, 5:03 pm, Robert Hicks <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Aug 11, 2:40 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> I have a DB with ~1100 entries that I have made searchable. However,
>>> the results can be VERY long. So, I want a way of paginating the
>>> output.
>>>
>>> I have seen oodles of these types of scripts for PHP, but nothing for
>>> PERL, and my PERL skills are rusty.
>>> Anyone seen somethng like this for PERL, or have an example lying

>> HTML:ager
>> Data:ager
>> Data:ageset
>>
>> Try one of those...

> Unfortunately, I can't use any of those, my server doesn't have them
> installed and getting them to install something new is like pulling
> teeth from an alligator.

Sounds tough... Then how about installing one of them yourself?

http://perldoc.perl.org/perlfaq8.htm...y-directory%3f

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Tim Southerwood

(E-Mail Removed) coughed up some electrons that declared:

> Unfortunately, I can't use any of those, my server doesn't have them
> installed and getting them to install something new is like pulling
> teeth from an alligator.
>
> Anyone have any other suggestions?
> Jim

Can you not "install" them adjacent to your script in a lib/ directory, then
path that into your script with a "use lib ..." and maybe a bit of "use
FindBin" for flexibility?

That's what I often do if a centralised installation is more trouble than
it's worth.

Cheers

Tim

On Aug 12, 5:03 am, Tim Southerwood <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) coughed up some electrons that declared:
>

> > Unfortunately, I can't use any of those, my server doesn't have them
> > installed and getting them to install something new is like pulling
> > teeth from an alligator.

> > Anyone have any other suggestions?
> > Jim

> Can you not "install" them adjacent to your script in a lib/ directory, then
> path that into your script with a "use lib ..." and maybe a bit of "use
> FindBin" for flexibility?
>
> That's what I often do if a centralised installation is more trouble than
> it's worth.
>
> Cheers
>
> Tim

I didn't think of that, excellent suggestion.

Thanks!
Jim

JimJx

On Aug 12, 3:02 pm, Sherm Pendley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) writes:
> > Unfortunately, I can't use any of those, my server doesn't have them
> > installed and getting them to install something new is like pulling
> > teeth from an alligator.

> > Anyone have any other suggestions?

> Install it yourself - you only need root access if you want to install a
> module into a directory to which only root can write, such as /usr/lib.
>
> In a nutshell, just download the module tarball, unpack it, and specify
> an install location to which you have access when you run Makefile.PL. For
> example:
>
> perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/home/mylogin
>
> The above assumes you've already downloaded and unpacked the tarball, of
> course. You can also configure the CPAN shell to use a configuration step
> like this automatically.
>
> For details, see:
>
> perldoc perlmodinstall
> perldoc CPAN
>
> sherm--
>
> --
> Web Hosting by West Virginians, for West Virginians:http://wv-www.net
> Cocoa programming in Perl:http://camelbones.sourceforge.net

Thanks Sherm!

Greatly appreciated.
Jim

Datagrid pagination, both styles (Next/Prev and numbers) at same t =?Utf-8?B?UkI=?= ASP .Net 2 10-14-2004 01:49 PM
DataList pagination Kruq ASP .Net 0 04-29-2004 01:08 PM
Datagrid: having pagination and a button column Child ASP .Net 0 08-19-2003 05:06 PM
Re: datagrid custom pagination Sreejumon[MVP] ASP .Net 0 07-08-2003 05:09 AM
DataGrid Pagination Joseph D. DeJohn ASP .Net 3 07-04-2003 09:11 AM

Advertisments