Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Serious Problem while appending an Excel file

Serious Problem while appending an Excel file

thanawala27@gmail.com

Hi guys,

I had a problem while writing into an Excel file.
What i want to do is:
i want to write the contents of 2 variables in one cell of the Excel
field.

to write the contents of one variable, i use
$worksheet->write_string($row, $col, $value1, $format);
this works fine.

but to write 2 variables, if i use the following code then the 2nd
variable is overwritten on the first one.
$worksheet->write_string($row, $col, $value1, $format);
$worksheet->write_string($row, $col, $value2, $format);

is there any way of appending a cell by another variable? So we can
write the first variable, n then append the second variable.

It would be nice if some1 could help me out.

Any Help is appreciated.

Thank You

Paul Lalli

On Jul 24, 10:56 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I had a problem while writing into an Excel file.
> What i want to do is:
> i want to write the contents of 2 variables in one cell of the Excel
> field.
>
> to write the contents of one variable, i use
> $worksheet->write_string($row, $col, $value1, $format);
> this works fine.
>
> but to write 2 variables, if i use the following code then the 2nd
> variable is overwritten on the first one.
> $worksheet->write_string($row, $col, $value1, $format);
> $worksheet->write_string($row, $col, $value2, $format);
>
> is there any way of appending a cell by another variable? So we can
> write the first variable, n then append the second variable.
>
> It would be nice if some1 could help me out.

Maybe I'm just being dense here, but what's the problem with:
$worksheet->write_string($row, $col, "$value1$value2", $format);

?

Paul Lalli

appending excel sheet jital Java 1 04-29-2008 04:04 AM
Appending text while posting data anush Javascript 1 12-04-2007 07:52 PM
Appending data to an excel cell using .NET Andy ASP .Net Web Controls 1 06-17-2004 03:11 PM
Re: a serious question for a non-serious cause... henry DVD Video 1 11-08-2003 04:38 PM

Advertisments