Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > OK, so what's the different between OR and || in conditions?

OK, so what's the different between OR and || in conditions?

detz

OK, so what's the different between OR and || in conditions? I've
never been given a clear answer to this.

Jürgen Exner

detz wrote:
> OK, so what's the different between OR and || in conditions? I've
> never been given a clear answer to this.

They have different priority. Details see "perldoc perlop".

jue

anno4000@radom.zrz.tu-berlin.de

Jürgen Exner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
> detz wrote:
> > OK, so what's the different between OR and || in conditions? I've
> > never been given a clear answer to this.

> They have different priority. Details see "perldoc perlop".

....apart from the fact the Perl doesn't have an "OR" operator.

Anno

detz

On Jul 20, 11:12 am, (E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de wrote:
> Jürgen Exner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
>
> > detz wrote:
> > > OK, so what's the different between OR and || in conditions? I've
> > > never been given a clear answer to this.

> > They have different priority. Details see "perldoc perlop".

> ...apart from the fact the Perl doesn't have an "OR" operator.
>
> Anno

There's always one smart-ass in the crowd..that's for nothing.

detz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
> On Jul 20, 11:12 am, (E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de wrote:
> > Jürgen Exner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:

> > > They have different priority. Details see "perldoc perlop".

> > ...apart from the fact the Perl doesn't have an "OR" operator.
> >
> > Anno

> There's always one smart-ass in the crowd..that's for nothing.

It does make a difference, so it ought to be mentioned.

Anno

Dr.Ruud

detz schreef:
> anno:
>> Jürgen Exner:
>>> detz:

>>> They have different priority. Details see "perldoc perlop".

>> ...apart from the fact the Perl doesn't have an "OR" operator.

> There's always one smart-ass in the crowd..that's for nothing.

*PLONK*

--
Affijn, Ruud

"Gewoon is een tijger."