Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Download MP3 file from site with cookies?

Download MP3 file from site with cookies?

dave_nul@hotmail.com

Hello, everyone. I'm writing a Perl script that downloads and saves
to disk all of the MP3 files linked on a given Web page. For Web
sites that do not require the use of cookies, I'm able to use
LWP::Simple::getstore() without any problem. And I already know how
to download HTML Web pages from sites that use cookies, using
LWP::UserAgent->new(), HTTP::Cookies::Netscape->new(), HTTP::Request-
>new(), etc.

But I do not see how to do both at the same time -- in other words,
download and store an MP3 file from a site that requires one to be
logged in with a cookie. I tried using the HTTP::Request->new(), $ua-
>request(), but it does not work because the content type is not 'text/

html', but instead 'audio/mpeg', and thus $response->is_success is
false.

Any ideas?