Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Can't find par loader at C:/Perl/site/lib/PAR/Packer.pm line 101

Can't find par loader at C:/Perl/site/lib/PAR/Packer.pm line 101

Oliver Soeder

Hello, I want to compile Perl scripts to .exe on Windows.

I followed the instruction on this site:

http://www.expertsrt.com/tutorials/M....html#download

but if I execute pp, I receive that error message:

Can't find par loader at C:/Perl/site/lib/PAR/Packer.pm line 101

Thank you

Oliver

smueller@cpan.org

On Jun 20, 7:23 pm, Oliver Soeder <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello, I want to compile Perl scripts to .exe on Windows.
>
> I followed the instruction on this site:
>
> http://www.expertsrt.com/tutorials/M....html#download
>
> but if I execute pp, I receive that error message:
>
> Can't find par loader at C:/Perl/site/lib/PAR/Packer.pm line 101

That tutorial links to *extremely* old versions of PAR and its
dependencies. Please try to install the current versions of PAR,
PAR:acker and their dependencies from CPAN using the CPAN.pm shell
(perl -MCPAN -eshell) or PPM.

The newest PAR and its dependencies probably aren't available from the
default ActiveState PPM repository due to some build problems on
win32+MSVC. You can find recent binary packages of PAR and friends on
www.bribes.org and http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/.

Best regards,
Steffen