Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > lwp:: what came before get

lwp:: what came before get

joez3@yahoo.com

Hi,
I need to write a perl script using perl version 5.005 on windows to
download a file. I orginally wrote the perl scipt using a new version
of perl and LWP. I had line of code that was:
$response = $ua->get($downloadURL, ':content_file' => $storLocation);
I orginally wrote this on a system that had perl 5.6.1 and it worked
fine, but when I try to use this on the older perl it fails with:
Can't locate object method "get" via package "LWP::UserAgent" at
downloadvcclient.pl line 91.
So how can I rewite this to work with the older version of perl?

Thanks,
zim

J. Gleixner

> Hi,
> I need to write a perl script using perl version 5.005 on windows to
> download a file. I orginally wrote the perl scipt using a new version
> of perl and LWP. I had line of code that was:
> $response = $ua->get($downloadURL, ':content_file' => $storLocation);
> I orginally wrote this on a system that had perl 5.6.1 and it worked
> fine, but when I try to use this on the older perl it fails with:
> Can't locate object method "get" via package "LWP::UserAgent" at
> downloadvcclient.pl line 91.
> So how can I rewite this to work with the older version of perl?

ahhhh.. look at the documentation for the version of LWP::UserAgent
you have installed... It is installed, right?

perldoc LWP::UserAgent

Tad McClellan

> I need to write a perl script using perl version 5.005 on windows

Do you mean on Windows 98?

That was contemporary with that version of perl...

> I orginally wrote the perl scipt using a new version
> of perl and LWP.

What is stopping you from installing a version of perl
from the current millenia?

--
Tad McClellan