Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > reinstall perl

reinstall perl

JonL

We have decided to reinstall perl 5.8.8 on our solaris 5.10 boxes.
This task has fallen in my lap and I have rebuilt core perl and all
the necessary modules in a local test directory using sh Configure -de
-Dprefix = /home/aardxx/perl.
Having tested the whole load I am now ready to "move" it to /usr/
perl588. My understanding is that core perl has compiled into it the
@INC table and I notice that /home/aardxx prefix is scattered all
through the various files in the installation directory.
I realize that I will need to rebuild the cor perl using the prefix /
usr/perl588 but is there are way of moving the modules over uithout
recompiling them? Might I be able to mod the config.sh then do a make
install? Guess I'm looking for a few shortcuts. Any ideas would be
appreciated

REINSTALL PERL Jorge Reyes Perl Misc 1 08-30-2007 12:24 AM
To reinstall or not to reinstall - that is the question. nobody760 NZ Computing 1 09-12-2003 09:05 PM

Advertisments