Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > I need a subdomain service like kickme.to

I need a subdomain service like kickme.to

stiv

I want to give users of my site the option to register for a subdomain
redirection service. I scanned the Internet for some script, but
didn't really find anything that works. Tried the PHP script from
http://opendomains.vnn.bz/ and many others. So now I want to ask you
if you know of any script in PHP, Perl, Phyton that can accomplish
this task?

krakle@visto.com

On May 30, 2:19 am, stiv <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I want to give users of my site the option to register for a subdomain
> redirection service. I scanned the Internet for some script, but
> didn't really find anything that works. Tried the PHP script fromhttp://opendomains.vnn.bz/and many others. So now I want to ask you
> if you know of any script in PHP, Perl, Phyton that can accomplish
> this task?

It's actually very easy to write.

I use Apache mod_rewrite to 'rewrite' all URLs "subliminally" from (.*)
\.Domain\.Etc to /path/to/some/mod_perl.pl?subdomain=$1 then in side
of that mod_perl.pl script use the subdomain name as a KEY to look up
the forwarding URL in a mySQL database then with CGI.pm or even a
Location header forward the user to the new URL. It's simple.

Just write a script that allows your users to choose a subdomain and
forwarding URL. Throw up some .htaccess config, mySQL database and the
above mod_perl script and wahlah you're in business.

across subdomain authentication failed on one subdomain while workingon other one saify ASP .Net Security 0 09-28-2009 07:27 AM
ASP/ASP.NET page that reacts a special way to items coming from a particular subdomain (programmatically testing subdomain?) Ken Fine ASP .Net 3 02-29-2008 05:35 AM
blocking subdomain cookies jb Firefox 1 06-23-2005 07:49 PM
namespace and subdomain jason@cyberpine.com ASP .Net 4 06-06-2004 03:48 AM
Can't download from a SubDomain using a Redirect Michael Horton ASP .Net 1 04-20-2004 09:17 PM

Advertisments