Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Announcing: ACM SIGAPL APL2007 -- Arrays and Objects

Announcing: ACM SIGAPL APL2007 -- Arrays and Objects

Mike Kent

The APL 2007 conference, sponsored by ACM SIGAPL,
has as its principal theme "Arrays and Objects" and,
appropriately, is co-located with OOPSLA 2007, in
Montreal this October.

APL 2007 starts with a tutorial day on Sunday, October 21, followed by a
two-day program on Monday and Tuesday, October 22 and 23.

APLers are welcome to attend OOPSLA program events on Monday and Tuesday
(and OOPSLA attendees are welcome to come to APL program events).

Registrants at APL 2007 can add full OOPSLA attendance at a favorable price.

Dates:

Sunday Oct 21 Tutorials
Monday, Tuesday Oct 22,23 APL 2007 program
Monday-Friday Oct 22-26 OOPSLA program

APL 2007 keynote speaker: Guy Steele, Sun Microsystems Laboratories

Tutorials

Using objects within APL

Array language practicum

Intro to [language] for other-language users
( We expect that there will be at least one introductory
tutorial on "classic" APL, and hope to have introductions
to a variety of array languages )

We solicit papers and proposals for tutorials, panels and workshops on
all aspects of array-oriented programming and languages; this year we
have particular interest in the themes of

integrating the use of arrays and objects

languages that support the use of arrays as a
central and thematic technique

marketplace and education: making practitioners aware of
array thinking and array languages

Our interest is in the essential use of arrays in programming in any
language (though our historical concern has been the APL family of
languages: classic APL, J, K, NIAL, ....).

Dates:

Tutorial, panel, and workshop proposals, and notice of intent to
submit papers, are due by Friday June 15, to the Program Chair.

Contributed papers, not more than 10 pages in length, are due
by Monday, July 23, to the Program Chair. Details of form of
submission can be obtained from the program chair.

Deadline for detailed tutorial/panel/workshop information TBA.

Cost (to SIGAPL and ACM members, approximate $US, final cost TBA)

APL2007 registration $375
Tutorial day $250
Single conference days $200

Social events: Opening reception Monday
Others TBA

Conference venue: Palais de Congres, Montreal, Quebec, CANADA
Conference hotel: Hyatt Regency Montreal

Committee

General Chair Guy Laroque http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Program Chair Lynne C. Shaw (E-Mail Removed)
Treasurer Steven H. Rogers (E-Mail Removed)

Publicity Mike Kent (E-Mail Removed)

Links

APL2007 http://www.sigapl.org/apl2007
OOPSLA 2007 http://www.oopsla.org/oopsla2007
Palais de Congres http://www.congresmtl.com/
Hyatt Regency Montreal http://montreal.hyatt.com

Guy Steele http://research.sun.com/people/mybio.php?uid=25706

ACM SIGAPL http://www.sigapl.org

Paul Mansour

Mike,

The OOPSLA site has a list of official co-located conferences which
does not (yet) show the APL conference. Is the SigAPL conference going
to be an officially co-located event with respect to OOPSLA?

Paul Mansour

Mike,

The APL2007 link does not go anywhere.

Mike Kent

Paul Mansour wrote:
> Mike,
>
> The APL2007 link does not go anywhere.

My bad; I sent the message before the page was up.

The correct link is

http://www.sigapl.org/apl2007.html

Steve

On May 28, 4:54 am, Paul Mansour <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Is the SigAPL conference going
> to be an officially co-located event with respect to OOPSLA?

Yes, it's on the ACM calendar. It should be on the OOPSLA colocated
events page soon.

# Steve