Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Nested datalist with related queries

Nested datalist with related queries

sorCrer

Hi All,

Something I can't get my head around!

In classic asp I could:

SELECT code FROM tblCodes
While not rs.eof

SELECT description FROM tblCodes WHERE code LIKE '" & rs.code &
"%'

i.e I could pass a nested query based on the resultset of the parent
one.

How do I manage this in ASP.net? I understand related datalists/grids
but in this instance the relationship is wildcard based and uses a
like operator.

The codes in this instance are hierarchical data as follows:

A100
A100100
A100200

With each child being a member of the parent code!

Idea's?