From: "Joe Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.perl
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 2:49 PM
Subject: Re: using activestate perl

> Wade Ward wrote:
>> My machine, even after installing komodo, has no associations for .cgi or
>> .pl

> 1) Re-install ActiveState perl.
> 2) Post to comp.lang.perl.misc, not this newsgroup (it is defunct).

I've never tried forwarding with an ng; a bit of a test. Discourages
prolixity: a good thing. I'll do a careful re-installation of activestate.
--
WW

Wade Ward

"Wade Ward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> Wade Ward wrote:
>>> My machine, even after installing komodo, has no associations for .cgi
>>> or .pl

>> 1) Re-install ActiveState perl.

Responding to myself, sort of. The install doesn't go off without errors.
These might be peculiar to the 21 day trial version. I removed the former
installation, rebooted and re-installed, and it found my last version of
"hello world." I seem to be in the same place.
--
Wade Ward

Wade Ward

"Wade Ward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> 1) Re-install ActiveState perl.

> Responding to myself, sort of. The install doesn't go off without errors.
> These might be peculiar to the 21 day trial version. I removed the former
> installation, rebooted and re-installed, and it found my last version of
> "hello world." I seem to be in the same place.

Now I'm definitely responding to myself. The link with the screendumps
didn't post:
http://www.billfordx.net/2007-04-30a.htm
whoops.
--
WW

Ian Wilson

Wade Ward wrote:
> "Wade Ward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>Responding to myself, sort of. The install doesn't go off without errors.
>>These might be peculiar to the 21 day trial version. I removed the former
>>installation, rebooted and re-installed, and it found my last version of
>>"hello world." I seem to be in the same place.

> Now I'm definitely responding to myself. The link with the screendumps
> didn't post:
> http://www.billfordx.net/2007-04-30a.htm
> whoops.

Your problem is with the Komodo IDE. Maybe the Komodo installer doesn't
include ActivePerl and you need to separately install ActivePerl?

If you open a Command Prompt and type `perl -v` what exact message do
you get?

If it gives you some version information, type
`perl -e "print qw(Hello World\n)"
What message do you get?

Have you read the "Software Prerequisites on Windows" section in
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/doc....0/readme.html

Wade Ward

"Ian Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46370459$0$10729$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Wade Ward wrote:
>> "Wade Ward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>Responding to myself, sort of. The install doesn't go off without
>>>errors. These might be peculiar to the 21 day trial version. I removed
>>>the former installation, rebooted and re-installed, and it found my last
>>>version of "hello world." I seem to be in the same place.

>> Now I'm definitely responding to myself. The link with the screendumps
>> didn't post:
>> http://www.billfordx.net/2007-04-30a.htm
>> whoops.

> Your problem is with the Komodo IDE. Maybe the Komodo installer doesn't
> include ActivePerl and you need to separately install ActivePerl?
>

> If you open a Command Prompt and type `perl -v` what exact message do you
> get?
>
> If it gives you some version information, type
> `perl -e "print qw(Hello World\n)"
> What message do you get?

http://www.billfordx.net/2007-05-01a.htm
Thanks for your reply. The above screenshot shows me still slightly short
of square one.

> Have you read the "Software Prerequisites on Windows" section in
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/doc....0/readme.html

I'll get on it now.
--
Wade Ward

Tad McClellan

Ian Wilson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> `perl -e "print qw(Hello World\n)"

^^ ^^
^^ ^^

ITYM "qq" instead of "qw".

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
Fort Worth, Texas

Wade Ward

"Ian Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46389279$0$21844$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tad McClellan wrote:
>> Ian Wilson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>> perl -e "print qw(Hello World\n)"

>> ^^ ^^
>> ^^ ^^
>>
>> ITYM "qq" instead of "qw".
>>

> Oops yes, thanks for the correction.

'perl' is not recognized as a command.
--
WW

Wade Ward

"Ian Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46399e81$0$21838$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Wade Ward wrote:
>>
>> 'perl' is not recognized as a command.

> Download and install ActivePerl.

I installed ActivePerl in c:\perl\ and found perl.exe in c:\perl\bin\. I
changed komodo so that the command line finds perl.exe and do, at long last,
have hello world. I really appreciate your help
--
WW