Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > System process failed to die on Windows Server 2003

System process failed to die on Windows Server 2003

Brian Wakem

I am unfortunate enough to have to automate Word on Windows Server 2003.

The WINWORD.EXE processes are being launched as the user SYSTEM, pressumable
because Apache (which is automating it through mod_perl) is running as
SYSTEM.

kill 9, $pid does not seem to be able to kill SYSTEM processes even when my
reaper is running as Administrator.

Win32:rocess::KillProcess($pid, $exitcode) also fails with a permission
denied message.

I guess my question is this:

How do I kill system process from Perl as the Administrator.

My experience is all Linux and I am new to Windows servers. This may best
be asked in a Window newsgroup but I am looking for a Perl specific answer
so I think here is my best bet.

--
Brian Wakem

re: @Don postet euch den Film des Jahres " Die rache der Sith " in MVCD (028/110] - "Star Wars Episode 3 - Die Rache der Sith ( 1_2 MVCD ) ein @Don post.part28.rar" Marco Computer Support 0 05-22-2005 01:25 PM
Die IDE Die Lloyd Sheen ASP .Net 2 01-26-2004 04:59 AM
More Die IDE Die Lloyd Sheen ASP .Net 5 01-25-2004 02:34 PM
DVD Verdict reviews: DIE! DIE! MY DARLING!, LOOK! PLAYFUL PATTERNS AND SIMPLE SHAPES / GO! EXERCISE WITH THE TELETUBBIES, and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 09-26-2003 09:02 AM
I want to be a hacker/nerd b4 I die. Ghost issues (now and after I die) O.Phooey Computer Support 4 07-05-2003 08:35 PM

Advertisments