Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > use POSIX qw(ceil floor)

use POSIX qw(ceil floor)

john.swilting

what that wants to say
use POSIX qw(ceil floor);

Mark Clements

john.swilting wrote:
> what that wants to say
> use POSIX qw(ceil floor);

You're still using automatic translation software: it isn't helping you.

Qu'est que ša veut dire = "what does that/this mean?" (or near enough)

You need to read the docs.

perldoc POSIX

ceil This is identical to the C function "ceil()", returning the
smallest integer value greater than or equal to the given numerical
argument.

floor This is identical to the C function "floor()", returning the
largest integer value less than or equal to the numerical
argument.

in French:

http://perl.enstimac.fr/DocFr/perlfa...onom%E9triques

Mark

john.swilting

Mark Clements wrote:

> john.swilting wrote:
>> what that wants to say
>> use POSIX qw(ceil floor);

> You're still using automatic translation software: it isn't helping you.
>
> Qu'est que ├ža veut dire = "what does that/this mean?" (or near enough)
>
> You need to read the docs.
>
> perldoc POSIX
>
> ceil This is identical to the C function "ceil()", returning the
> smallest integer value greater than or equal to the given numerical
> argument.
>
> floor This is identical to the C function "floor()", returning the
> largest integer value less than or equal to the numerical
> argument.
>
> in French:

http://perl.enstimac.fr/DocFr/perlfa...0et%20ceil()%2
(majoration)%20et%20floor()%2
(minoration)%20et%20des%20fonctions%20trigonom%E9t riques

> Mark

merci je lis un peu l'anglais mais je sais pas l ecrire
serge

Enabling the use of POSIX character classes in Python Perry Johnson Python 3 12-11-2010 11:23 PM
When do I need to define a function with "use POSIX qw(.....)" and when not ? Thomas Blabb Perl Misc 5 12-13-2007 03:06 AM
signal handlers: does %SIG{'CLD'} require explicit SA_NOCLDSTOP via POSIX funcs? steffen staehle Perl 0 09-07-2004 03:22 PM
use of POSIX::_exit Oliver Perl Misc 0 06-09-2004 04:45 PM
posix vs perl regular expressions RN Perl 0 09-10-2003 06:25 PM

Advertisments