Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Server For Rent? Where?

Server For Rent? Where?

skieros

On Apr 20, 5:47 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Apr 18, 2:48 pm, skieros <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hello iam thinkignt o start a web design + domain registration +
> > hosting company on my own and i want to ask you if you know where can
> > i find reliable an very cheap servers for rent. Thank you.

> Reliable and Cheap can't be used in the same sentence. Also, what's
> cheap to one may not be cheap to another. You *CAN* lease dedicated
> servers for as little as $59 a month but that particular computer
> could be thrown together in under $250.
>
> The BEST thing you can do (financially and performance wise) is to
> build your own server then send you're server to a housing facility
> that will provide you with IP addresses and a fast connection. This is
> called co-location. Most big web hosts and ISPs that offer Dedicated
> Server will have a co-location service. This is a good way to save on
> monthly costs but you're still looking anywheres from $60 to a couple
> hundred a month.
>
> *IF* you cannot afford either routes you can always get a VPS (Virtual
> Private Server). Just like the name suggests it's a virtual server
> hosted on a dedicated server. Though it's a shared environment the
> Memory, Resources, and Space are dedicated and guaranteed for each
> VPS. VPS's will run anywheres from $29/month up to $99/month.
>
> *IF* a VPS is too expensive for you then it would be a good idea to
> get a Web Host that offers a RESELLERS ACCOUNT. This is Shared Hosting
> in a Shared Environment but it's usually dirt cheap. You can charge
> your customers whatever but a portion must go to the Web Host. This is
> the easiest way to do what you seek. This will cost you anywheres from
> $8-$49 per month.

I;am not quite sure that i have undestood the difference between a
reseller server and a dedicated server.
If you fell like it please explain it a little more.

> *IF* that is too expensive than you must be reminded that it takes
> money to make money and if you are planning to make solid money than
> it is a wise idea to invest in your project.

You are correct, so i will increase my offer to 20$/month instead of
5$.

> There are too many Web Hosts out there. Since you mentioned $5/month
> in another post I won't even bother showing you any servers. You can
> check outhttp://www.jaguarpc.netfor shared hosting.

Maybe with 20$ you can?

> > I askes this in other forums as well but i also asked here

> It's poor netiquette, selfish, and greedy to clutter usenet with cross
> posts hoping to get your answer faster. It's better to take a little
> more time to find the appropriate on-topic group to post your question
> in to ensure the response you want. I was just being nice to you.
>
> > you people are on the business of web design/programmign

> Perl has nothing to do with the World Wide Web. In fact, most people
> here don't know how to program Perl for the web. In the late 90's Perl
> became the language of choice for CGI applications but Perl was never
> written nor meant to be used for the internet. You apparently didn't
> know, which is not a big deal. But Jurgen Exner Tad McClellan, and
> Michele Dondi are classic anti-social dorks who don't know how to
> socially interact with other PEOPLE.

I will agree on Jurgen Exner Tad McClellan behaviour, Michael Dondi is
more nice

> > and there is a good chanc of you know...

> There really wasn't. A newsgroup focused on Web Hosts or Web Masters
> probably would of been a better choice.
>
> Check out
>
> http://www.jaguarpc.nethttp://www.co...ev1servers.net
>
> All good companies that offer Reseller Programs.
>
> Also check outhttp://www.godaddy.comto become a reseller for Domain
> Names too. I believe Dotster also has a program.

Thank you very very much for taking the time to answer my question,
although wasnt the most appropriate forum and didnt feel insulted like
other due to a single question that i have though you people knew
about and indeed you did, as far as i can tell from you.

skieros

On Apr 20, 2:38 pm, Tad McClellan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> skieros <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > On Apr 20, 4:39 am, Tad McClellan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Please stop littering in our park.

> > Please stop sending me insulting mails, contact me with insulting
> > messages through instant messengers

> I have never sent you an email nor contacted you via IM.
>
> > You send me 5 mails yesterday and every hour talk to me to IM

> No I didn't.
>
> > Youa re one sick puppy.

> And you make false accusations.
>
> --
> Tad McClellan SGML consulting
> (E-Mail Removed) Perl programming
> Fort Worth, Texas

Sure you did many many times, dont make me search incoming mails....

Tad McClellan

skieros <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Apr 20, 4:39 am, Tad McClellan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Please stop littering in our park.

> Please stop sending me insulting mails, contact me with insulting
> messages through instant messengers

I have never sent you an email nor contacted you via IM.

> You send me 5 mails yesterday and every hour talk to me to IM

No I didn't.

> Youa re one sick puppy.

And you make false accusations.

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
Fort Worth, Texas

Charlton Wilbur

>> Jurgen Exner Tad McClellan, and Michele Dondi are
>> classic anti-social dorks who don't know how to socially
>> interact with other PEOPLE.

sk> I will agree on Jurgen Exner Tad McClellan behaviour, Michael
sk> Dondi is more nice

In this group, you can generally have "nice" or you can have correct.
You've managed to get most of the people who are likely to be correct
to plonk you. You may feel better about this, but when the time comes
that you have a hard Perl question, you won't get the best available
help because they won't even see it.

I hope that's worth it.

Charlton

--
Charlton Wilbur
(E-Mail Removed)

Mirco Wahab

skieros wrote:
> On Apr 20, 5:47 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Perl has nothing to do with the World Wide Web. In fact, most people
>> here don't know how to program Perl for the web. In the late 90's Perl
>> became the language of choice for CGI applications but Perl was never
>> written nor meant to be used for the internet. You apparently didn't
>> know, which is not a big deal.

Just a small correction to the parent poster. Of course,
Perl has "nothing to do with the Internet", because when
Perl was made, there wasn't such a thing like the Internet
(as we know it today). So this assertion seems to be trivial.

But - after Perl5 went into the servers (it was a huge success),
the Internet transformed exactly into the thing we love today
(or suffer from until today). There was a word floating around,
"the next outbreak of a worldwide economic crisis" would be
caused by "a programming error in a forgotten Perl script",
which wasn't that far from reality

So the above assertion says something like "Airplanes has
nothing to do with World War II" or "Rockets has noting to
do with World War III".

>> But Jurgen Exner Tad McClellan, and Michele Dondi are classic
>> anti-social dorks who don't know how to socially interact with
>> other PEOPLE.

> I will agree on J[ü]rgen E[r]xner Tad McClellan behaviour,
> Michael Dondi is more nice

Don't be mislead here, these are people who get their
work done and have a lot experience with working in
teams. They tend to tell you the truth directly and
don't bother if your personal attitude will suffer
from that ...

Don't demand to be treated like a milksop if you aren't one

Regards

M.

Jürgen Exner

Mirco Wahab wrote:
>> On Apr 20, 5:47 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> Perl has nothing to do with the World Wide Web. In fact, most people

> Just a small correction to the parent poster. Of course,
> Perl has "nothing to do with the Internet", because when
> Perl was made, there wasn't such a thing like the Internet
> (as we know it today). So this assertion seems to be trivial.

[...]
> So the above assertion says something like "Airplanes has
> nothing to do with World War II" or "Rockets has noting to
> do with World War III".

As interesting as this comparison is it falls short in at least one aspect:

At that time the whole justification for aviation was to support the war
effort and civilian aviation was pretty much non-existant. On both sides of
the trenches.

Perl however -as you pointed out- came into existance without the WWW and
the WWW never had any influence in the language design or its features.

Or to put it in different words: without WW II aviation would not be where
it is today while without the WWW Perl as a language would be exactly the
same as it actually is today.

jue

Charlton Wilbur

MD> Nope, I rate higher amongst the top turds for 2007. I'm the
MD> rudest Italian ever, says the troll.

Do you have a website somewhere where you're collecting all these awards?

Charlton

--
Charlton Wilbur
(E-Mail Removed)

skieros

On Apr 20, 4:13 pm, Michele Dondi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 20 Apr 2007 03:23:15 -0700, skieros <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >> Perl has nothing to do with the World Wide Web. In fact, most people
> >> here don't know how to program Perl for the web. In the late 90's Perl
> >> became the language of choice for CGI applications but Perl was never
> >> written nor meant to be used for the internet. You apparently didn't
> >> know, which is not a big deal. But Jurgen Exner Tad McClellan, and
> >> Michele Dondi are classic anti-social dorks who don't know how to
> >> socially interact with other PEOPLE.

> s/PEOPLE/clpmisc idiots/;
>
> >I will agree on Jurgen Exner Tad McClellan behaviour, Michael Dondi is
> >more nice

> Nope, I rate higher amongst the top turds for 2007. I'm the rudest
> Italian ever, says the troll.
>
> Michele
> --
> {$_=pack'B8'x25,unpack'A8'x32,$a^=sub{pop^pop}->(map substr
> (($a||=join'',map--$|x$_,(unpack'w',unpack'u','G^<R<Y]*YB='
> .'KYU;*EVH[.FHF2W+#"\Z*5TI/ER<Z`S(G.DZZ9OX0Z')=~/./g)x2,$_,
> 256),7,249);s/[^\w,]/ /g;$ \=/^J/?$/:"\r";print,redo}#JAPH,

i guess you are then, sorry for saying you werent one.

Jürgen Exner

Glenn Jackman wrote:
> At 2007-04-20 10:20AM, "Jürgen Exner" wrote:
>> Or to put it in different words: without WW II aviation would not
>> be where it is today while without the WWW Perl as a language would
>> be exactly the same as it actually is today.

> Except without the CGI::*, LWP::*, MIME::*, etc, modules. (I know,
> not all of those are core modules)

That's why are said "Perl as a _language_"

BTW: I would put MIME more into the email bucket than into the WWW bucket.

jue

jayjuliano@optonline.net

On Apr 20, 4:23 am, skieros <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Apr 20, 5:47 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>

> > On Apr 18, 2:48 pm, skieros <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > Hello iam thinkignt o start awebdesign + domain registration +
> > > hosting company on my own and i want to ask you if you know where can
> > > i find reliable an very cheap servers for rent. Thank you.

> > Reliable and Cheap can't be used in the same sentence. Also, what's
> > cheap to one may not be cheap to another. You *CAN* lease dedicated
> > servers for as little as $59 a month but that particular computer
> > could be thrown together in under $250.

> > The BEST thing you can do (financially and performance wise) is to
> > build your own server then send you're server to a housing facility
> > that will provide you with IP addresses and a fast connection. This is
> > called co-location. Most bigwebhosts and ISPs that offer Dedicated
> > Server will have a co-location service. This is a good way to save on
> > monthly costs but you're still looking anywheres from $60 to a couple
> > hundred a month.

> > *IF* you cannot afford either routes you can always get a VPS (Virtual
> > Private Server). Just like the name suggests it's a virtual server
> > hosted on a dedicated server. Though it's a shared environment the
> > Memory, Resources, and Space are dedicated and guaranteed for each
> > VPS. VPS's will run anywheres from $29/month up to $99/month.

> > *IF* a VPS is too expensive for you then it would be a good idea to
> > get aWebHostthat offers a RESELLERS ACCOUNT. This is Shared Hosting
> > in a Shared Environment but it's usually dirt cheap. You can charge
> > your customers whatever but a portion must go to theWebHost. This is
> > the easiest way to do what you seek. This will cost you anywheres from
> > $8-$49 per month.

> I;am not quite sure that i have undestood the difference between a
> reseller server and a dedicated server.
> If you fell like it please explain it a little more.

Dedicated Server - A Server dedicated to YOUR web site(s) and your
user(s). In other words, you don't share the system with anyone but
your self. For a server lacking performance you are looking at $59-
$149 a month. For a quality performance server $199+/month.

Virtual Private Server - A dedicated virtual server. A VPS shares a
dedicated server with other VPS's but are guaranteed a certain amount
of Ram, CPU, and Disk Space. What one VPS does on the server should
not affect how your site runs. You can install whatever software you
want to. Each VPS functions just like a dedicated server. $29-$99 per
month for a VPS. The cheaper the VPS usually the less memory you have.

Shared Hosting - You share a Dedicated Server with hundreds of other
web sites and users. You share Ram, CPU, and Disk Space. What one web
site does with memory and resources CAN affect the performance of your
web site. You can get shared hosting from $3.99-$79.99.

Resellers Account - Same as Shared Hosting but you have a Control
Panel that allows you to Sign Up other users for accounts. Usually you
can customize THEIR control panel to make it appear like YOU are their
Web Host. The main web host gives you a discounted monthly price for
other users and whatever you charge up over that amount is your
profit.

> > *IF* that is too expensive than you must be reminded that it takes
> > money to make money and if you are planning to make solid money than
> > it is a wise idea to invest in your project.

> You are correct, so i will increase my offer to 20$/month instead of
> 5$.

$20 is nothing. $100 is nothing. In this day and age $200 is nothing
to invest into your BUSINESS. But with $20/month at least you have
enough money for a RESELLERS ACCOUNT. Which sounds exactly like what
you need.

> > There are too manyWebHosts out there. Since you mentioned $5/month
> > in another post I won't even bother showing you any servers. You can
> > check outhttp://www.jaguarpc.netforshared hosting.

> Maybe with 20$ you can?

Maybe you can. Did you check out the links I gave you?

http://www.jaguarpc.net check out this site for quality affordable
hosting. I believe they also offer a resellers account. Or check out
one of the many Web Host review web sites.