Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > perl print form without linefeeds

perl print form without linefeeds

lratzan@gmail.com

Hello:

We need the following output to appear across a single line, not two
lines.
If the first line is a functional print, how do we remove the
linefeed?

h3, ("Update your address"),
a({-href=>http://www.umdnj.edu},"click here"),

Please respond to Lee Ratzan ((E-Mail Removed))

Thank you

usenet@DavidFilmer.com

On Apr 13, 10:13 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> We need the following output to appear across a single line
> h3, ("Update your address"),
> a({-href=>http://www.umdnj.edu},"click here"),

h3 is a block formatting tag (it's intended for use in headlines).
You should apply inline styling to your label instead of block
styling. You can do this with <font> tags; most folks these days
would use CSS.

> Please respond to Lee Ratzan ((E-Mail Removed))

no.

Brian McCauley

On Apr 13, 6:13 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hello:
>
> We need the following output to appear across a single line, not two
> lines.

What do you mean by "output to appear"? Do you mean when rendered via
a graphical HTML renderer?

> If the first line is a functional print,

What do you mean by "a functional print".

> how do we remove the linefeed?

What linefeed?

> h3, ("Update your address"),
> a({-href=>http://www.umdnj.edu},"click here"),

Please show us real code. This is particularly important if your
English is limited.

> Please respond to Lee Ratzan ((E-Mail Removed))

Post to Usenet, read on Usenet.

BTW: I'm guessing your real problem has not the slightest thing to do
with Perl but is actually a pure HTML problem.

I'm gessing that you don't realise that In HTML H3 is a block-level
element. In a CSS aware browser you can override this by giving the H3
element a style attribute "display: inline" but I would consider this
very ugly.

Tad McClellan

> Please respond to Lee Ratzan ((E-Mail Removed))

How profoundly rude of you!

The reason this newsgroup exists is to help fellow programmers.

They will not be helped if you hoard the answer.

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
(E-Mail Removed) Perl programming