Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Continuous communication between user, CGI script and server

Continuous communication between user, CGI script and server

robinp.la@gmail.com

I am really new to CGI programming so excuse me if this is posted in
the wrong group with the wrong lingo etc. Maybe someone can at least
help me in the right direction.

So I have managed to write a CGI script that processes the user's
unputs and then spits back HTML code to the user. Pretty straight
forward. What if I want the user to be able to send data continuously
to my CGI script? Like what if the user drag his mouse around and I
want to process that data every 5 seconds or something. How do I do
that?

If this doesn't make sense, please ask me questions.

Thanks,
Robin