Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > How to run Perl script as GUI Windows program? Like Word, Notepad, Calculator etc.

How to run Perl script as GUI Windows program? Like Word, Notepad, Calculator etc.

max

How to run Perl script as GUI Windows program? Like Word, Notepad,
Calculator etc.

Ian Wilson

max wrote:
> How to run Perl script as GUI Windows program? Like Word, Notepad,
> Calculator etc.

Use perl/Tk or wxPerl

Sisyphus

"max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:euvkua$9bd$(E-Mail Removed)-com.hr...
> How to run Perl script as GUI Windows program? Like Word, Notepad,
> Calculator etc.

In addition to Ian Wilson's suggestions, I (naively) expect that Win32::GUI
might also have something to offer.

(Be aware that I'm no expert in this, or any other, area.)

Cheers,
Rob

carl.hafner@gmail.com

If you're looking for a simple start:

$picture_count = 0;
opendir(PICDIR,'C:\XX\My Pictures');

while(readdir(PICDIR))
{ $picture_count++; }

closedir(PICDIR);
$picture_count = $picture_count - 3;

use Tk;
$main = MainWindow->new();
$main->Label(-text => $picture_count)->pack;
MainLoop;