Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > any quick and dirty code out there

any quick and dirty code out there

Mr.G (@@)

Hi, I have a form writen and up to the submit button is all that I can
go. Now what I need is a place where I can get some quick and dirty
cgi/peal code to collect the input. It's only two inputs (name and
zip) the name of the ACTION is called namezip.pl. But like I said that
is as far as I got.
Thanks in advance for any help

J. Gleixner

Mr.G (@@) wrote:
> Hi, I have a form writen and up to the submit button is all that I can
> go. Now what I need is a place where I can get some quick and dirty
> cgi/peal code to collect the input. It's only two inputs (name and
> zip) the name of the ACTION is called namezip.pl. But like I said that
> is as far as I got.
> Thanks in advance for any help

For future posts, please choose a more descriptive subject.

perldoc CGI

it_says_BALLS_on_your forehead

On Mar 27, 2:45 pm, "Mr.G (@@)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi, I have a form writen and up to the submit button is all that I can
> go. Now what I need is a place where I can get some quick and dirty
> cgi/peal code to collect the input. It's only two inputs (name and
> zip) the name of the ACTION is called namezip.pl. But like I said that
> is as far as I got.
> Thanks in advance for any help

Check out the CGI module.

http://search.cpan.org/~lds/CGI.pm-3.27/CGI.pm

Pay particular attention to the param() method.

Tad McClellan

Mr.G (@@) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Now what I need is a place where I can get some quick and dirty
> cgi/peal code

Then post to the peal newsgroup.

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
Fort Worth, Texas

Mr.G (@@)

On Mar 27, 12:56 pm, "it_says_BALLS_on_your forehead"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mar 27, 2:45 pm, "Mr.G (@@)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi, I have a form writen and up to the submit button is all that I can
> > go. Now what I need is a place where I can get some quick and dirty
> > cgi/peal code to collect the input. It's only two inputs (name and
> > zip) the name of the ACTION is called namezip.pl. But like I said that
> > is as far as I got.
> > Thanks in advance for any help

> Check out the CGI module.
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~lds/CGI.pm-3.27/CGI.pm
>
> Pay particular attention to the param() method.

Thanks for a look at that code but mine is HTML input that passes it
on to cgi that will in turn give it to a perl program to make a file.

Mr.G (@@)

On Mar 27, 3:57 pm, Tad McClellan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Mr.G (@@) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Now what I need is a place where I can get some quick and dirty
> > cgi/peal code

> Then post to the peal newsgroup.
>
> --
> Tad McClellan SGML consulting
> (E-Mail Removed) Perl programming
> Fort Worth, Texas

sorry for the misspelling but cgi can also use the c lang. to pass it
to.

Uri Guttman

G> On Mar 27, 3:57 pm, Tad McClellan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Mr.G (@@) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> > Now what I need is a place where I can get some quick and dirty
>> > cgi/peal code

>> Then post to the peal newsgroup.
>>
>> --
>> Tad McClellan SGML consulting
>> (E-Mail Removed) Perl programming
>> Fort Worth, Texas

G> sorry for the misspelling but cgi can also use the c lang. to pass it
G> to.

cgi can use any language as it is an interface specification and not a
language specification. and your previous post made no sense either. why
would you run a perl cgi and then hand off to another perl script? you
don't seem to understand the basics of cgi and how perl (or any lang)
works with it. the cgi.pm module does what you want even if you say
otherwise. by using it you can get the params passed in from the browser
and do whatever you want with them.

uri