Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Cam::pdf, document page number

Cam::pdf, document page number

LtCommander

Hi all:

I know CAM:DF has a method to calculate the number of pages (PDF-
>numPages) in an PDF file but is there any function that can calculate

the document's starting page number.

Eg. A document consisting of 10 pages would theoretically begin at Pg.
1 and end at Pg. 10 but the relative page number (appears next to "1"
in Adobe Reader) may be (say) 91 or something. The page numbers are
relative to the previous chapter's ending page.

Is there anything out there in Perl that can return the relative
starting page number? I tried looking at many PDF modules in CPAN but
none of them seem to do this (or I don't know how to use them!)

Would be grateful for leads.
Thanks.
Vince